Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
Urit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lords can resist seemingly ANY -HP condition. I gou mine poisoned and it said: "Such-and-Such takes 1 Poison Damage", but his HP did not go down at all!
Urit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 09:49 AM   #2
Mage_77
Manshoon

Its not that they can resist such a condition its just that Lords get a class ability of HP regeneration. If you gave any character an item that had the +hp regen stat effect then they would do exactly the same as your lord.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:01 AM   #3
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Yep I agree with Mage_77, by the mid game all your characters will probably have items that give a +hp regeneration. Beside when you get poisoned by the end game you lose 25 hp/ round, the lousy +1hp/ round makes no difference.

I think the special abilities of the Samurai and the Ranger for example much more interesting.

Just my €0.02
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 11:06 AM   #4
Merulus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, Urit is correct about this. I noticed the same thing. My lord was wearing a certain cursed cloak that should have negated his regeneration ability, was poisoned, and lost no hitpoints.

Atlus also mentioned this in his last spotlight. No matter how many health-draining items a lord is equipped with, he won’t take any damage. A lord is immune to most health-draining effects (including, I should mention, a certain curse from a certain demon).
Merulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 02:25 PM   #5
Mage_77
Manshoon

Hrmm ive never noticed that Merulus although i have to admit ive rarely bother'd creating a Lord as i hate any Paladin type of characters. The notion of honor & justice are kinda sickening & so boring compared to the cunning & trickery of a rogue.

"Read the dialog on my sig" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2002, 02:41 PM   #6
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

You know, I think it's really weird this game gives a dual weapon bonus to the paladin like character. And it's kinda funny making your lord have a Chaotic 2 voice (Ordinary men fear the darkness, I revel in it!)

So much for upstanding Lords =p. I started a new party and put in a Lord to try them out and I was surprised, he's not as bad as I thought he'd be. Dwarven Lord with the intellectual voice.. I'm not a native English speaker so I may understand it wrong but I swear every time he misses he goes "Biscuits!"
Old 02-19-2002, 03:47 PM   #7
Merulus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
ive rarely bother'd creating a Lord as i hate any Paladin type of characters. The notion of honor & justice are kinda sickening & so boring compared to the cunning & trickery of a rogue.

Agreed. [img]smile.gif[/img] I almost always use a group of rogue-type characters in my parties (my last party had a rogue, bard, ninja, and gadgeteer). However, I really don’t think of the lord as a paladin. I tend to think of him more as a heavily armed and armored priest.

I have to admit I really dislike the priest class… They’re just too weak and defensively oriented. I also dislike the valkyrie, mostly because I dislike polearms (there just aren’t enough really good polearms, and I prefer light, quick dual-wielders).

The lord is great in this regard, since he can cast any of the spells a priest can (just a few level behind), he has access to some of the best weapons and armor in the game, and he can still launch a quick flurry of attacks nearly as well as my rogue. Who needs a boring, humble priest when you can do all that?

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Merulus ]

Merulus is offline   Reply With Quote