Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-23-2001, 07:34 AM   #1
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im on mission of helm-although im doing chapter 3 at present it is a past mission i was previously too weak to do.also whilst im doing this mission im supposed to find this actor and recover his gem-i have found the secret entrance in the sewers and have been attacked by ulthalids and mind flayers-my question is how do i stop myself from being dire charmed/held and stunned?i have cast free flow on myself-protection from magic but to no avail?also another question yoshimo has dissapeared when i removed him from my team-rather than normally stating i will wait here?i.e copper cornet-anybody any suggestions.pls help im getting rather annoyed at this sewer mission.
thx
Old 09-23-2001, 07:55 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Hello Steve! Welcome to the Ironworks!

When fighting mindflayers (illithid) use the fifth level priest spell "Chaotic Commands". This will portect you from their stunning attack, and makes the whole job a lot easier.

------------------

Within the jungle of my deepest emotion,
With a coat resplendant in a golden sheen,
Swiftly hunting my tender love,
Stalks the regal, Feline Queen
Old 09-23-2001, 11:19 AM   #3
dulouz
Manshoon

Actually, you are in the wrong secret entrance of the sewers. If you keep walking around the top left, you will find another hidden entrance. Up there is where you will find the next step in the quest to find the actor.

dulouz.
Old 09-25-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
ScottR
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yoshimo should be in the copper coronet, quite near the "lower entrance". Illithids and their kin attack with psionics not magic so protection from magic spells are ineffective. Chaotic Commands is the best choice but watch the duration, you will need a few (Minor spoiler ahead).
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

In terms of equipment you might find clearing the illithids out to be worth your while.

[This message has been edited by ScottR (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 10:35 PM   #5
Alaric
Manshoon

If you mage is high enough level, you should also summon Invisible Stalkers. They are immune to the mind flayer's psionic attacks.