Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 03:42 PM   #1
Scottyl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've bought the game a few days ago. I liked it at first. Then I reached chapter 2 and I find the game to be way to hard. The named troll is so hard to beat. Maybe im doing something wrong but...I've been stuck there like 3 hrs...I keep reloading over and over. I dunno why the put a monster that hits for mid 20's when your characters have 60-70 hps. 3 licks and they die. I dunno maybe its just me. I made a cleric as my main guy. I cast defensive harmony and my 2 main guys have -4 AC and still get wacked to death. I know u can turn the fight down but I don;t want to. I mean..if I can't beat it on normal mode I don't wanna play. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:48 PM   #2
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Let a priest cast Entange, ou a mage Web, Cloud kill, our Fireball and gone are they
Old 08-10-2001, 03:53 PM   #3
Tuor
Elminster

Try hasting your characters, slowing the enemy, casting pro vs evil, supporting yopur fighters with missile weapons, try backstabbing the trolls with your thief.

don't forget you need to use fire or acid to kill them-but I guess you know that.

I'm assuming you are in Nalias keep and not the Windspear Hills by the way.

I know its an obvious question but are you using weapons you are proficient in?

What is your exact party make up that would help me give some more advice.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:07 PM   #4
Scottyl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My party is my main..cleric,misic,naila,jeria,some fighter,and a mage.thief...i cant think of thier names lol. My main problem is that Giant Troll hits so hard..whats really sad if I just pull that troll and he still whips me ...

Scott
Old 08-10-2001, 04:55 PM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

I usually do all the sides in the city before heading for the countryside.
A tips for the future

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-10-2001, 04:59 PM   #6
Zaragoth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To be honest - I find the game too easy

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 06:16 PM   #7
Thrawn
The Magister

Heh what diffucity do u play it on, core rules or what, i myself am playing on core rules and still finding it fairly easey, with few expections, heh, next game might try insane
Old 08-10-2001, 06:19 PM   #8
Shrylia
Manshoon

Have you played BGI...are you familiar with these games? I am currently playing BGI...I played BGII first and like you was pretty discouraged in the beginning. Then I kind of got the hang of things and started making progress...now I am barely stoppable (well,ok, maybe I have to reload a few times) I definately remember the trolls - for me ranged weapons helped and having mages/sorcerers cast missiles. What does a troll in better then acid and fire arrows! Running away helps...at least giving yourself time to regroup and rethink. Anyway, I think the game is great now that I have acquired the skills to play it. Keep trying different approaches - that became part of the fun - not just a matter of blasting away with a machine gun...got to get just the right ingredients and the npc's have to be in just the right mood

------------------
Experience is the most powerful weapon!

[This message has been edited by Shrylia (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 06:47 PM   #9
Lord Shield

Mucho spells and fire/acid arrows o the troll - use flail and flaming weapons to hit him - pull back wounded tanks for healing then send them back again

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 08-10-2001, 07:09 PM   #10
Scottyl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guys for all your advice. I'm still trying to understand the game. Lots of spells do alot of different things. It's confusing sometimes but im getting the hang of it. Also...After I killed the trolls...I went back to city gates and im getting like 5 quests. Everyone that walks up to me wants me to do something. Should I take them? I'd perfer to stay on the main quest.