Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-03-2001, 01:20 PM   #1
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler

I picked up Nalia early and completed her Keep quest. Since then, I've consistently declined the invitations to get involved with her betrothed and that whole scandle. Now she's been kidnapped! My party is mageless!

I was given instructions to speak with Barg in the Docks district. He told me to check out a house and get in touch with Dirth at the Sea's Bounty Tavern. I've gathered the evidence at the house and tried to find Dirth, but he's never in the bar. I've visited 6 times (day and night), but he's never there.

I took the bit of evidence I did have to the guy in the Government building, but he said he couldn't do anything else until I gathered more evidence.

Where is Dirth? What am I missing? Spoil me.

Ranger
Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:44 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

From an online walkthrough,
quote:
Nalia Needs Help

After having completed her first quest, Nalia will hear of a funeral that is to take place for her father. Head to the Graveyard District and talk to the people there. You'll have an odd meeting with Isea, her ex-fiancŽ. Leave the area.
A while later, he'll come back and arrest Nalia. An informant tells you some information about Isea and tells you how to expose him and save Nalia. It's a good thing this guy comes around!
Your first stop is the Docks district. Go down to the Sea Bounty Tavern and search the area just outside it for a man named Barg. Talk to him and he'll reveal that he is associated with some slavers. He himself is a pirate. Then head to the bottom floor of the tavern and talk to Officer Dirth. Mention Isea's name and he'll attack you. Kill him and pick up the scroll.
Now head to the Government district. Enter the house on the left - Roenal's Estate. Search the chests to find his tax records. Head to the city hall and give the three pieces of evidence to Corgeig. Upon giving him the third piece of info, Nalia will be back in your party! Yay!
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 02:28 PM   #3
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Perhaps what I'm having problems with is getting to the bottom floor of the tavern. Has anyone out there done this?

When I walk into the tavern, I am confronted with a bartender. There are two doors on the back wall. My thief cannot pick either lock, I get the message that says they are an unusual mechanism and they may be protected against simpler spells.

Should Dirth be on the same level as the bartender or do I need to enter these doors and go to another floor? How do I get the doors open? The bartender says that the doors simply lead to his living quarters.

Thanks for any help,
Ranger
Old 12-03-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Dirth is very near the Bartender, and is wearing plate armour.
Old 12-03-2001, 02:59 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Say hi to Jasmine, my solo Assassin. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2001, 03:59 PM   #6
Mordenheim
Elminster

She looks deadly...
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #7
Ranger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you Dundee Slaytern. I'll try looking around the tavern one more time.

Ranger
Old 12-03-2001, 11:38 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

No problem. Have fun and good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2001, 02:59 AM   #9
Whailor

Heh, it looks like you are NOT in the Sea's Bounty Tavern. Perchance, the so-called "bartender" has the name Gorch? If yes, then you are in the WRONG house. That house is Mae'Var's house. Sea's Bounty is right where the stairs are. You see there a door which enters the house, and right near the door are stairs which go down - that's the tavern. Take the stairs down outside and you will be there.

Spoiler!
Also, maybe this tip will help you to locate the house - Sea's Bounty Tavern is where Jaheira will meet one of her old.. aquintances, which triggers anoher quest related to her.
Old 12-04-2001, 03:06 AM   #10
King Corben
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds to me like you're in the Mae'Var Guildhouse. The tavern you seek is called the Sea's Bounty, it's located a few doors west of the guildhouse. (pardon my spelling) - hope that helps!

...er like he said above lol, posted the same time I guess
King Corben is offline   Reply With Quote