Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I found the new design for the Dwarven Enhanced Armour a few days ago but didn't try it on until tonight.

It looks great. I thought it looked like a Nipponese style armour but it wasn't until I saw it in a good light that I realised it had a Katana (or perhaps it's a Wazikashi?) attached.

What a pity it seems to only be decoration and we can't use it. It would be nice to have Dwarven Ehanced Armour and a free Katana. Note to self - must stop drooling over keyboard.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ohhh must get down there and check it out.

It can replace my old school Dwarven Enhanced Armour with no feet. Barefoot Warrior FTW!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

*fears stinky cheesy footless warriors running around the Undermountain and makes sure shoes will be made available for all*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:10 AM   #4
StigTC

I actually think that, although the new armor looks good, it isn't that suitable for that particular armor.
I mean, how many dwarven samurai have you heard about yourself?
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i used to have one of those dwarven armours.. I remember they have like uber damage reduction in them. Anyone remember where you can get those? I remember the bare feet hehe.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #6
StigTC

Level 12, in the room with the many assassins. (South western part of the map)

[ 08-09-2006, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: StigTC ]
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

The great thing about Dwarven armour is that one size fits all.

It's so well crafted that any race up to Half-Orc size can wear it without finding their extremities exposed (apart from T-D-C's feet that is).

And the latest version doesn't even need to be Samurai armour. The Sohei (warrior monks) wore the same style of armour as the Samurai before they were finally defeated and disbanded by Shogun Ieyasu.

As far as I know the Sohei -even with a name like that - did not apply hight restrictions on their membership!
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:13 PM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by StigTC:
Level 12, in the room with the many assassins. (South western part of the map)
That is a sensationaly well designed trapped area, I stumbled into that area solo once unprepared. Some powerfull traps leaving you damaged as you enter, suddenly total darkness and while I went for my spells about four assassins mass sneak attacked me with mega criticals

wham, bam, dead!!!!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

have a copy of Pharaun's armor on you when you stride in there, or a mage casting a lot of Timestop and IGBM packages. either way, sadly, someone has to go in there and trigger them.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 AM   #10
StigTC

Just send in the high DR dwarven defender first, it's only appropriate that he should be the one to lay hands on the armor first anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]