Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 10:05 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Moderate spoiler
\
\
\
\
\
go Wand, Mislead, and nothing if u want all apprentices to survive.
Old 06-03-2001, 10:29 PM   #12
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
SPOILER ?
-
-
-
-
-
I think you should get the staff, cause you should use ring +2 and ring of gaxx better than ring of wizardry.

What ring+2? the Ring of protection? It won't work ..It's either Ring of Gaxx, or ring of protection, or go through the game again and get another ring of gaxx...

Old 06-04-2001, 12:39 AM   #13
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Pain-Wrath:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
SPOILER ?
-
-
-
-
-
I think you should get the staff, cause you should use ring +2 and ring of gaxx better than ring of wizardry.

What ring+2? the Ring of protection? It won't work ..It's either Ring of Gaxx, or ring of protection, or go through the game again and get another ring of gaxx...

Yes you can. You can use Ring (or cloak) of protection +2 and Ring of Gaxx. My Necro uses them in conjunction.
Old 06-04-2001, 01:00 AM   #14
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

the staff would be a better choice

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 06-04-2001, 01:03 AM   #15
Rolzi_69
The Magister

i say use shadow keeper and get both!!!!!

------------------
Rolzi_69 will reign supreme over all!!!!
Old 06-04-2001, 04:14 AM   #16
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Ok here is what I suggest. Forget the staff, you can get a staff of the magi later, better than the staff of Power. Get the ring instead, so you'll have the ring of wizardry AND the staff of the Magi, nice.
You don't have to play the game 2x to get 2 rings of Gaxx, I believe someone said if you are quick you can pickpocket the ring of Gaxx of the lich, THEN get it again when you kill it. I haven't tried it myself, but I will when I get there again to see if it works.

The rings and staff and a couple other items are able to be made if you are a mage player and make the Planar Sphere your stronghold. After you complete the sphere, re-enter it and check it out. The rings and such are the most powerful items you can make there. It doesn't matter if your apprentices die after you make it, if you have it your set.
Old 06-17-2001, 06:22 PM   #17
Draug Fea
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Kinda true Sunder, if u ask for the risky stuff, they will probably die but u might still get the item. But if I remember correctly your apprentice(s) return shortly and make potions for ya, so it might be worth keepin em alive...or not

------------------
"I cannot be caged"
Old 06-17-2001, 06:31 PM   #18
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Did anyone else notice that the ring of wizadry is different than the one in BG? Now it grants an extra level 5, 6, and 7 spell slot instead of doubling your level 1 slots. I think I liked the old one better (12 Magic Missles is just too much fun.)
Old 06-18-2001, 11:10 AM   #19
Graccus
Dungeon Master

In D&D, Rings of Wizardry are all different, depending on how they are enchanted.