Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-26-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Im currently playing though the Blackguard mod (great mod, try it!) and I have some quetions on my further character development.

Im 2 Levels Blackguard and 7 Fighter
My stats are ok, high str and con, 13 int but a low carisma (11)
Im wielding a Scythe (what else for a Blackguard if not the most evil looking waepon?)
So how should I go on? Go for a bit more char? im thinking at least 12 here...
Are there any tips you guys can give me? Im euphoric just to have the game up and running again!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not familiar with the module, but I think you would benefit from higher charisma. A blackguard is basically an anti-paladin, with a lot of similar skills/feats/spells, with a couple of bonus summons'. Charisma will help with saving throws, I think, and will benefit you if you try to turn undead, as that uses your char modifyer for a bonus, which right now is zero. At least it's not a negative...It also helps with appraise checks, and persuade. May even have a bonus to intimidate checks, but not sure about that one.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Yes, in the game manual (the book of a billion mistakes) the Blackguard is said to be the opposite of Paladins.

They gain special abilities similar to the Paladin such as Smite Good which depends on the Charisma bonus.

This bonus also adds to the Blackguard's saving throws making it a great bonus to have high Charisma.

Kinda spoiler for NWN OC!

I always found it fun to follow Aribeth's on her journey from Act 1 of NWN to Act 4 and follow her alignment changes...starting from Paladin then to Blackguard then possibly back to fighter or something similar...