Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-02-2001, 05:59 AM   #1
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

I was going to post this as a reply to a posting but thought it would be interesting to make it a topic.........I may be wrong...
When you guys create a party do you have one character that pretty well represents yourself, or perhaps one that you would like to be?
For my part I always have an afinitry to a rogue character. Not in the ability to pickpocket...I just cannot bring myself to obtain stuff by thievery...but i can understand the need to use stelth in some sticky situations and also to think about locks and how to open them.
Do you also change your sex when playing. I always try to play a female character when available...I just tend to care more for a female character in games rather than some macho dude with biceps bigger than my backyard.
This may be a silly posting....(hope the mods dont think so
I was just curious

If my female hobbit dies when I finally get to play Wiz 8 ......it's gonna hurt
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 12:40 PM   #2
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

This is a good post. I always play a human female and most of the time will play as a Fighter, although have played as a Mage before. As for your Rogue character, I usually don't pickpocket either, but have found that pickpocketing in this game gets your items you just can't purchase. Seems reasonable to think that if you can pickpocket them, then you should be able to purchase them, but that hasn't been the case in Wiz 8.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:50 PM   #3
Jerry Austin
The Magister

Hello,
Well now interesting subject i always play a male and i like the
rogue/magic-user(ninjas are cool),i tend to think magic is important and combined with a master thief....oh my!!!!
qwert
Old 12-02-2001, 02:11 PM   #4
Moni

I guess I am one of the weirder players out here lol.
We did agree I am strange did we not?
I play as a habit (and a liking) all male human characters.
The weird part is, I am not represented by one member of my party, but ALL of them The sword swinging Samurai, the bare handed Monk, the stealthy Ninja (who does steal even though I personally don't lol), the coming-to-power Lord, the healing Bishop and the lay-down-the-magic-law Mage.
If any one of them is in trouble, I feel it, the same as if any one of them pulls off an exceptional strike, spell or theft.

I did start a game with more basic characters and I found myself not caring too much about the gadgeteer in his lower levels and just absolutely abhoring the female bard...I gave them chaotic (I think) voices and their bad attitudes get on my nerves LOL...I know I can change them but the dripping with sweetness and sugar voices of the other female choices or the grating on-edge-of-hillbilly ones would have me turning off my speakers!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:15 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

hmm.. i always think of one of the group as an extension of myself. and i have a huge affinity for thiefsie types. but the rogues in wiz aren't really to my liking. i prefer the total thiefsie experiece of the Hallowed (to me anyway) Thief Series. i don't even care that i'm playing a man in those games, 'cause garret is the ultimate ~ antihero, thief, reaver, shadow stalker... wow! now that's fun!! (imagine playing Ironman in Thief, but disallowing killing, no blackjacking innocents, and leaving everything just as you found it. actually we call it "ghosting". yep. that's fun!)

anyway ::shakes her head to snap out of her thief-trance:: in most crpgs, i like playing a female warrior/amazon type and in this, it's the valkyrie. i didn't know anything about Vitalia when i started playing and almost didn't take her into my party. but after reflection, decided it might be kinda cool to have 2 of us on the front lines and hoped she might attract quests, etc if she were around.

nothing special. but it rewards me with hours of fun!

V***V

Old 12-03-2001, 08:47 AM   #6
Drakton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always think of games as an oportunity to do stuff you wouldn't normally do in real life and get away with it, but in reality, I always feel bad, and normally don't do stuff like killing innocent people, widows, kids. etc. I do steal in games if the oportunity is given. As for the characters, in multiple character parties, I always have a main character named after me and who represents myself in the game. Otherwise, I can't feel I AM IN the game. He is usually a male fighter who likes the company of female mages , so my parties are usually a mix of genres and obviously, classes.
Ðrâktøn
Old 12-03-2001, 10:01 PM   #7
Aeolian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have a party made up of my good friends plus my honey and i gave them roles and voices that i think reflects their personality. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 09:44 AM   #8
Virgil
Dungeon Master

My character is a male, human ranger. He has one of the few, normal, okay looking human faces, and says "It's an honor to be recognized" whenever he levels up. That's me.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote