Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2002, 01:40 PM   #31
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Does it help if I admit I screwed this up?

Crow appears to be my favorite meal this week.

I guess I should have called it the Inadequate American Political Poll.

Mark

And Yorick, I do not presume that everyone here is American. I'm not that ignorant, I was just not giving it enough thought.
Alright then. [img]smile.gif[/img] Have a good day Mark. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-16-2002, 01:42 PM   #32
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] WHAT??? Do you mean that there are non-Americans here? I am shocked! Shocked, I say! I thought that since y'all spoke English, you must be Americans. j/k
Old 12-16-2002, 10:19 PM   #33
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Well, I was pretty sure I would offend someone.

As for Democrat line, I was kidding and hoping to nudge a few to respond.

Mark
OK, consider me nudged. I usually prefer to not discuss my political views, but I am a Democrat; furthermore, I always vote the straight Democratic ticket on the ballot. The last time I voted Republican was when Reagan ran for reelection - never again.

Economically speaking, when the Democrats are in power the people who truly deserve and need help get it. The rich may always get richer and the poor get poorer (as the saying goes), but this doesn't occur at as steep a rate with the Dems. In addition, I have a hard time supporting anyone who is politically beholden to special interests that wish to legislate our moral values.

The reason that I always vote the straight Democrat ticket is that I do not want to give any "up and coming" Republican a chance to get any political experience, no matter how admirable they may be. In later years they will probably have to bow to their party's wishes on important issues, so I prefer to cut off their political ambitions at the knees, so to speak. BTW, I am only halfway joking here

Don't misunderstand, I have some liberal leanings but I'm not a rabid leftist - I tend to be moderate in most things. I am, however, concerned with the direction the U.S. has taken since Reagan has been in office.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:28 PM   #34
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I can only agree with you Desuma. THe whole country has gone to hell since the gipper left the oval office. Ever since we let Bush Sr.get in there it has been like the 3 stooges only with Georgie,Billy, and "Shrub".