Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 06:48 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

As I've played through Baldur's gate there is this one undead woman named Tanova who has focused on the shadow thief guild for recruitments. One time she popped up and demanded to know if I was part of the shadow thieves guild. Knowing that I would have to decide between her and the shadow thieves in the long run, I decided to tell her yes I was part of the thieves guild. She then took that opportunity to mop the cobblestones with our dead carcasses after she obliterated us. (very infuriating) I wanted her to be dead. Not being allowed to cast magic I reattempted to kill her inside the five flags inn where I used my mage and clarics best spells to damage her. That gave her a chance to mop up the inside of the inn with our carcasses. I was totally pissed so just to see if it would work, I duplicated the ring of the ram about seventy times and loaded them into my characters like torpedoes. I then fought her (and her two lil minions) and went about blasting the living daylights out of her with the rings. Five minutes later she was dead (only minor exaggeration). It seemed such a normally impossible feat to kill her, was I not supposed to kill her or what? What am I missing here?
Old 12-04-2000, 07:04 PM   #2
Manifest

what level are you at? at earlier levels I hada little difficulty with her, but I just avioded her by travelling during the day. But even after I finished the shadow theives quest and staked her in her coffin she still shows up. so I guess sho IS immortal.

Old 12-04-2000, 07:07 PM   #3
Conan

This happened to me once with the tanner in the bridge district. I couldnt kill him no matter what I did. I even used SK to make my characters invincible. Later on in the game he popped up, so probably she is needed in a plot point later on in the game. Hope this helps

Old 12-04-2000, 07:07 PM   #4
Conan

This happened to me once with the tanner in the bridge district. I couldnt kill him no matter what I did. I even used SK to make my characters invincible. Later on in the game he popped up, so probably she is needed in a plot point later on in the game. Hope this helps

Old 12-04-2000, 07:08 PM   #5
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I'm level 10 on chapter 2 (I wanted to stay in chapter two for a while). I killed the shadow dragon and the unseeing eye and lavok without too much trouble, dunno why she was so tough... thx for the reassurance though manifest. All I really wanna know is if I screwed myself over by killing her... am I doomed to wander through the game almost finished without being able to get a last mission because tanova is dead? (unlikely I know but I don't wanna take the risk)
Old 12-04-2000, 07:58 PM   #6
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you are not doomed to wander forever, the game has a tendency to ignore the fact that some major players die because they will still appear when they're needed again...
Old 12-04-2000, 08:20 PM   #7
Shadowspawn

Well she's immortal until you run a stake through her undead heart. So you can kill her over and over and it wont make any difference to the game.

You'll have to find her coffin to finish her off for good.

Go to the Govt. building and pay a magic user fee to use magic legally inside the city limits.

Old 12-04-2000, 10:09 PM   #8
Armisael

Alright, techinical explanation...
Some NPCs in this game have a flag which prevents their HP from going below one. Rejeik is one of these NPCs. Tanova is not. So what I'd suggest you do is use negative plane protection on your best fighter(s) and mop the floor with her, along with her vampire cronies. The reason she's beating you is because she's level draining you to the point where you have about six hit points. Negative plane protection stops that, and it's a low level priest spell. Now, you realise that vampires can't be killed unless you stake them, so killing her in the middle of the street doesn't mean she's dead - the cloud of mist floating away from her dead body should give you some idea of that. Okay?

Oh - if you haven't paid Gaelan, you could always just tell her you're not working for the Shadow Thieves and avoid the encounter all together.

Old 12-04-2000, 10:31 PM   #9
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Um, armisael... I come online to hopefully find people who can help me with my problems. Finally someone comes along with some great info! Thanks armisael . I bet your absolutely correct on that draining thing. Though I actually did kill her, she went splat, no puffy lil cloud for her... once again, thanks!
Old 12-05-2000, 07:45 AM   #10
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

just so every one knows she has a small part in the later game i think about chapter 6 or 7