Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Freaking THIEVES (Atleast in Lakeland Florida) Heres the deal:

My new GeForce Leadtek 6800 GT 256mb card I saved up for like 8 months and got in March died 2 weeks ago (Leaktek Geforce 6800) and I use it for my Graphical work and 3d Modeling--GREAT card.

Anyway, a chip died --didn't overheat, I have 7 fans and have a program that warns of CPU or GPU overheating. Anyway, it dies. I RMA it to newegg.com, and yesterday, I get the 'supposed' replacement back... the box had almost everything EXCEPT the bloody VIDEO CARD. Yeah.. and the cables and cds were in there.. F'ing LIVID. Because this happened when I bought a system in 2002, and someone at FedEx opened it, and ripped out the vid card (Geforce 4600ti back then).. They need to find these thieves and throw them in prison for 10 years for mail fraud.

Anyway, I call newegg, and they were nice, and said they were gonna do a fedex claim and would take 8-10 days (ugh). Anyone here know the procedure on a 'fedex claim'? Since newegg is doing it, I guess fedex pays the insurance to newegg and then newegg ships (AGAIN) me my card?? Let me know how this goes.. I am stressed a bit [img]smile.gif[/img] So now, I'm on my old 4600. which is fine for now.. but wow, modeling highres stuff is slow now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I told them to ship it UPS, because I think there is some crime syndicate or group of people either on the trucks or in a warehouse (somewhere enroute) doing this.. I wonder how many BILLIONS of dollars it costs companies with this much thieving going on. If it hit me TWICE, and I rarely every order pc stuff, it's gotta be bad.

Comments on the FedEx claim thingy? Let me know and post your experience if YOU were robbed. (Mail fraud)

[ 07-26-2005, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I did a claim against FedEx one time when I was working in a mail-room. I called and reported damaged goods that had arrived at our site from one of our satellite offices. What FedEx required was that they sent the "sender" a claim file that they had to fill out within a certain time frame. When that claim was filled out and returned, then a FedEx representative came to our company to inspect the box. I was told before-hand that I had to have the box, the packing material, and the broken goods all together, and the rep. would determine if the incident occured due to the fault of one of their deliverers. After waiting two weeks, nobody ever came out, and I called the satellite office to make sure that they had sent in the paperwork. They had. I called the FedEx guy and asked about it, and they said that they did not have anything on record of anyone calling about any broken packages...and that nobody had ever sent in a claim form, either.

That was when we decided to stop using FedEx and give more business to UPS.

So, as I have said...the procedure is this:

1. Sender files a claim form.
2. Receiver may need to hold onto all packaging for evidence.
3. There is a limited time in which to get this all done.
4. FedEx lawyers probably help advise reps. so that they can get around paying.

Crap! I almost forgot. If you call yourself an entrepreneur of a small business...you will be treated with more respect because businesses are the way FedEx make money, not individuals. You need to be considered a businessman in dealing with things like this. It would be cool to have somebody call in your behalf acting as a secretary or somebody that works in your Tech Support department. This is not lying, because you really are a businessman if you think about it.

[ 07-26-2005, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]