Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-06-2001, 08:03 AM   #121
andora20
Manshoon

Hi Everyone!
One of the best quotes I ever heard was when I used to work in a fast food chain to get through College. One of the guys, who by been a total Brown Noser, managed to land a promotion to manager. He started off by upseting everyone on the shift, including a guy who worked there for quite a while. He had taken all new recruits under his wing (including me)and showed us all the ropes so to speak. He was quite experianced and he was good at his job, he practicaly held the shift together. But one time things were really hectic our new "Manager" decided to restructure the whole system which had worked really well before. Anyway, to make a long story short, our "Manager" accused him of been disrespectful and notified him that he was getting his first official warning (in Ireland you are allowed 3 warnings before your fired)to which our experianced guy replied "My respect is earned, not demanded by some prissy ar$€d manager like you" and promptly hung up his apron and left......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Oops I forgot my sig

Carpe Diem, Carpe Juggulem

[This message has been edited by andora20 (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 08:16 AM   #122
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
flotsy, is the site hosting your sig pictures down, or changed their addy? looks like what happened to my mummy right before my birthday?

Not really sure what's up with it. If you right-click on the red X's the picci shows up. It also shows if you leave the thread without clicking and come back later.
Dunno what's with it at all. Don't remember who's hosting it, and I don't have the details so I can't ask Ziroc to host it......

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:20 AM   #123
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Not really sure what's up with it. If you right-click on the red X's the picci shows up. It also shows if you leave the thread without clicking and come back later.
Dunno what's with it at all. Don't remember who's hosting it, and I don't have the details so I can't ask Ziroc to host it......

Fljotsdale, you can right-click on it to get the image address. Go to the picture and save them to your PC. The you can attach them to an email to Ziroc and he can host them for you.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-06-2001, 03:03 PM   #124
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
Silver Cheetah...just read that post, that Diogenes quoted.

Brilliant.

Thanks Djinn! It's a particular interest of mine.... because I don't like doing crap jobs I hate, and I don't know anyone else who does either. Nothing like doing a crap job for totally screwing up your life...... As we may only have the one, - makes sense to make the most of it, n'est pas? (At least we can.. unlike others in the world, who don't have the option..)

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-06-2001, 03:24 PM   #125
Tancred
White Dragon

'The gulf between how one should live and how one does live is so wide that a man who neglects what is actually done for what should be done learns the way to self-destruction rather than self-preservation.'
- Niccolo Machiavelli, 'The Prince'

A quote I learned much from, and have put into practice. Ye gods, I'm a lot happier.
Old 10-06-2001, 03:33 PM   #126
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
'The gulf between how one should live and how one does live is so wide that a man who neglects what is actually done for what should be done learns the way to self-destruction rather than self-preservation.'
- Niccolo Machiavelli, 'The Prince'

A quote I learned much from, and have put into practice. Ye gods, I'm a lot happier.
Sorry, your point being? I'm not quite clear on what you're saying, or at least, I can't work out what you actually mean by what you're saying.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 08:46 AM   #127
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
no need to apologize for honestly expressing yourself, s c . glad you're around, i did an edit of my other post, you were not a member while i was in the middle of my custody armageddon, back during the *JJ puts finger to lips, crouches down and looks around furtively, shhh!* moon's hope inn days
I know you most likely saw my bombastic posts and threads after the attack of sept 11. I stand by those. It is, however, a rather one-dimensional cross-section of my being, as Cloudy, Reeka, Moridin, Bahamut, Memnoch, Ziroc, and others can attest. As soon as it gets to cold and snowy to work outside, I'll be around more - like the stainless steel rat moving in for the winter, to keep his old joints from freezing up!LOLOLOL

Hullo oh, formerly undead one! HAHA! I'll attest to it, no problem, JJ. I don't do those heavy duty threads you are so fond of much, but I remember many conversations back then, so no worries, some of us DO know there's more there!

Hmmm.. as to the topic at hand, I'm not sure I could find any ONE phrase or saying or quote to encompass my essence...I like to think I'm more complex than that! I'll have to give this one some more thought

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-10-2001, 09:48 AM   #128
H. Sedai

*Ahem*

Testing

Is this thing on?

*Tap* *Tap*

My favorite quote is "There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

Old 10-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #129
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by H. Sedai:
*Ahem*

Testing

Is this thing on?

*Tap* *Tap*

My favorite quote is "There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

In the same vein: There are two types of peoplein the world, those taht split the world into two types and those that don't.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!