Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 09:56 AM   #11
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc - ooooooo!!!

That would be soooooo excellent!! I always hold out hope that Bradley does keep an eye on this board, at least from time to time, just to see that there are a lot of fans for his game and to pick up on the great suggestings they have made for a sequel! We'd all love to see a sequel!!
Being able to do some mods on the existing game would add so much and, like Saz, I would like to see the oath enforced!

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 10:12 AM   #12
dlimbaugh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm fairly good at reverse engineering and can program in several languages, I'd be glad to help.

Dean

[This message has been edited by dlimbaugh (edited 05-19-2001).]
dlimbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 07:38 AM   #13
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OOOOH YES!

Maybe between us we could even program the long-missed multiplayer version of W&W? I'd love to meet all of you in an internet-multiplayer-W&W...

Just dreaming...but nothin's impossible!
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 04:02 PM   #14
Traute
The Magister

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sazerac:
[B]I'd love to see an add-on pack, actually...one in which the sacred oath DOES matter! However, since most of us give up the Mavin, would it count?
QUOTE]

BTW what happens if you don't give it up? Just lost another chance to find out, as my solo Whiskah finished the game this afternoon. I'm now playing a party of four.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 12:14 AM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'm not sure, Traute...actually, since there's far better swords in the game by that point other than the Mavin (those Tomokami (?) Katanas (the gold ones) are fantastic when blessed with damage). I imagine you can keep using it until it consumes you (which obviously won't happen).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 03:32 AM   #16
mortification
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Update on the status of the mod-making:

Not too much to report. We are beginning to get some interest and (hopefully) starting to assemble a team. Anyone interested please post!

We also have some interesting leads that we are waiting to pan out, with some e-mails sent out to some of the developers, so keep your fingers crossed...

Meanwhile, what we CAN do is to assemble some lists based on the information that we do have access to in the game. For example, a list of items from D6ITEM.DAT. So anyone interested in helping with this, especially if you've hex-editied the game files (and you know who you are) for some reason or another, let us know.

Also feel free to e-mail me off line if interested as well.

------------------
(This space intentionally left blank)
mortification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 02:55 PM   #17
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BUMP -

Don't we have some wizards on this board to help with this project??

Come on folks - don't be shy - Volunteer!!

Wyv
Old 05-25-2001, 09:03 PM   #18
alz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heyo,

I'm not sure I have anything I can offer, except interest. All of the programmers at HPI have long since been scattered to the four winds. The only guy left there is Dave and he's been doing major revisions on the engine to support a new game (sci-fi game I think, not fantasy like I previously thought).

I do recall the programmers mentioning that Dave has a lot of oddball coding methods, and he's been the only one who's touched the code in the past few years (so who knows how messy/clean the engine is under the hood).

Wiring the game wasn't easy -- you had to run all models and attachments through the deep6.exe with a -flag variant. All props had to be done *in* the running gaming. Lighting was possible through a level-only executable. AI navigation-nodes where placed in the game through the level-editor. Taking those cordinates (for key events, sounds, spawning, etc.etc.etc.) were directly inputed into the code, AFAIK. It was a primative engine compared to other engines/tools on the market.

My best suggestion is to email Dave directly with something like FAN-BASED SEQUEL or something in the subject title to catch his eye. Be super positive and don't make any assumptions or quote anything here. It'll only confuse the possibilities.

**I saw some post on here awhile about fav/least fav. levels, and wanted to respond to it, but I have to go find it
alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 09:07 PM   #19
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

alz - Nice to see you posting!!!

Thanks for the great input too!

Wyv
Old 05-25-2001, 10:41 PM   #20
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

This is a great idea guys, but I'm no wizard as far as programming goes. I could offer some ideas as to what to edit but that's all I could offer. I hope this can be pulled off. It'd be really interesting to see what could happen (like enforcing the oath, making the Mavin more powerful so that it actually IS the most powerful weapon held by mortal hand, etc. etc. etc.).

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote