Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-22-2001, 08:58 PM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Bah if ppl paid more attention to all the jokes I've posted in the last months......they'd all be too busy laughing to argue!

Listen to Uncle Vask, he is wise!

------------------
Old 10-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #32
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Bah if ppl paid more attention to all the jokes I've posted in the last months......they'd all be too busy laughing to argue!
That's the truth!

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 02:25 AM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Good to see a new Helen back on the board

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 02:42 AM   #34
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Good to see a new Helen back on the board

Good to see Knobhead the Pommie hasn't left, either.

------------------
Old 10-23-2001, 02:49 AM   #35
Ziroc

No one needs to leave, I don't want to lose any good friends I have met here, PLEASE, email me and let me know what I may be able to do to help fix this. If someone in particular or a FEW someone's are the largest cause of hurt feelings, let me know who, I will take care of it. Totally anonymous.

I have seen a bunch of old reg's come back, and have talked to some that said they were going to leave, but don't really know yet. If we need to start warning users, let me know.

I kinda think it's all stress from what had happened on Sept 11th, and now the War, and these Anthrax attacks.. It makes people scared, and when people get scared, they are more defensive (it's an automatic human response).

Don't worry guys. Remember: This forum is what we make of it, and we have SO many awesome members, we just need to remember to be kind, and treat everyone as you would want to be treated.

If you need to take some time away, I understand. But leaving for good isn't going to help (you'll miss friends, and they, you.) I also plan on adding new forums that will move all Clan talk out of Gen con, and a few others.

PS: The new forum software is out of Beta btw, and I'm VERY near ready to upgrade the forum! So you can't leave now.. You will miss all the nifty new options Ironworks has to offer!!

Oh yeah... and choc says Mew Metter May Moo!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 10-23-2001).]

Old 10-23-2001, 02:51 AM   #36
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
good move...
Ziroc may delete that forum in near future....
I will. It's a temp forum, and will be deleted soon. It's sad that it has turned into a shouting match. I am about to make a warning post there btw.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-23-2001, 06:04 AM   #37
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I will. It's a temp forum, and will be deleted soon. It's sad that it has turned into a shouting match. I am about to make a warning post there btw.

I think it's great that you allow us to discuss these important RL issues in your place Ziroc.
I for one stay out of the area if I start getting heated up about something, then pop back in when I've calmed down. Although I wasn't in favour of a separate area initially, it has helped me to make more measured responses or not respond at all (in fact I haven't posted in there much, but I do read a lot of the threads) - simply because I back out if I feel my hackles rising.

Shame it has turned into a bunfight, I know a lot of people have been upset - on both sides of all the debates that go on in there. I think if people can learn a bit of give and take it will be better. Give some thought to what you are saying, and how others may percieve it to be hurtful or personal. Give some thought to your response and reaction if you feel hurt - perhaps you were already in 'defense' mode and read something in a way it was not meant. Both hurter and hurtee need to take a step back at that point, take a deep breath, and if necessary apologise, explain in a different way, and be non-aggressive.

After all, you wouldn't punch someone in the face if they disagreed in RL, would you?? I hope not.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 07:58 AM   #38
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I think it's great that you allow us to discuss these important RL issues in your place Ziroc.
I for one stay out of the area if I start getting heated up about something, then pop back in when I've calmed down. Although I wasn't in favour of a separate area initially, it has helped me to make more measured responses or not respond at all (in fact I haven't posted in there much, but I do read a lot of the threads) - simply because I back out if I feel my hackles rising.

Shame it has turned into a bunfight, I know a lot of people have been upset - on both sides of all the debates that go on in there. I think if people can learn a bit of give and take it will be better. Give some thought to what you are saying, and how others may percieve it to be hurtful or personal. Give some thought to your response and reaction if you feel hurt - perhaps you were already in 'defense' mode and read something in a way it was not meant. Both hurter and hurtee need to take a step back at that point, take a deep breath, and if necessary apologise, explain in a different way, and be non-aggressive.

After all, you wouldn't punch someone in the face if they disagreed in RL, would you?? I hope not.
This is the sanest and most useful thing I've seen regarding that mess! YAY! Epona! I've yet to put my thoughts into coherent form. I'm still a little distressed over this and haven't had time to. But THIS is a pretty good description of the basics going on in my mind at the moment.

Cloudy (Dan I replied to your email)

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-23-2001, 08:00 AM   #39
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
This is the sanest and most useful thing I've seen regarding that mess! YAY! Epona! I've yet to put my thoughts into coherent form. I'm still a little distressed over this and haven't had time to. But THIS is a pretty good description of the basics going on in my mind at the moment.

Cloudy (Dan I replied to your email)

Oh no, I wasn't being sane was I?
That's my crazy reputation down the chute then....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 10:07 AM   #40
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Oh no, I wasn't being sane was I?
That's my crazy reputation down the chute then....
Oh dear, so sorry! I did just do away with your insanity defense, didn't? oopsie! errr.. you're still funny, does that count?! *giggle*

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."