Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2003, 04:15 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I saw the first one for the first time last night, and although it's not in the same league as Pirates of the Carribean or LXG...it was pretty entertaining. I am not a big critic so I am easily amused. However, I am still waiting to see the new one that is open this weekend. Funny thing is...the theatres in the area are so set in their belief that it will suck, they are only showing it on the Weekends, even during it's opening weekend! Then, only at three times that night. (7, 9:40, and 10 something...)

I hear that it is supposed to be better than the first, and should be quite good...at least as good as LXG...so I am gonna try to see it maybe tonight.

Has anyone else got it on their agendas to see? Have you already? </font>
Old 07-28-2003, 03:42 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm going to see it tomorow. It's the only movie in the theater I've not seen yet, beside those crappy horror and teen movies that come out all the time.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:41 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I really liked it a lot. Not "high art," but I wasn't in the mood for high art. Hollywood has a ton of hottie women, but Angelina Jolie is in the top 2 or 3 as far as I'm concerned. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Pirates of the Carribean was a bit better, I must admit. I refuse to see LXG, it just looks too stupid.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:48 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I saw it tonight finally. It was really good. As good as LXG in my opinion. Alot better than the first movie, which throws out the customary sequal always being worse fad. It had alot of action, some cool tricks, osme CGI, and a mini-surprise ending. Worth my $7.00. And yes, she is a very nice lady! THe scene where she jumps back from that dude and she's in this crouching dangerous feline-like pose was my favorite!

</font>
Old 07-30-2003, 03:17 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It was almost exactly the same as Tomb Raider 1. I think I liked LXG better.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:09 PM   #6
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I know nothing about the game of the same name, but I saw the first one two years ago and really enjoyed it for what it was, an action-based sort of in the genre of "Indiana Jones" with a strong female lead that really kicks-ass.

I saw "Cradle of Life" this past weekend and like it as much if not better. I personally enoy seeing a woman who can take care of herself.

Oh, and I liked it much better than LXG.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #7
Finn
The Magister

Arrow

<font color="white">Saw it and thought it basically sucked. It was so lame it almost made the first Tomb Raider look good.

Full of tried and tested cliches, predictable plot(b4 halfway through the movie, I already knew how it would end. Even the so called "surprise" ending was predicted), 2 dimensional characters with a token "romantic interest" thrown in to make it even more unbearable.

Angelina Jolie's acting and facial expression was as lively as a cardboard cut-out. Heck, if she was replaced with the cardboard version, I doubt anyone could tell the difference.

Frankly, I'm tired of this <font color="lightblue">"search for mystical artifact that has the potential to destroy all life before aristocratic Brittish villian gets hold of it"</font color> routine. [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

They mentioned MI6 so many times, I almost thought it was a James Bond movie. Even better, an extended Panasonic commercial what with all the nifty Panansonic gadgets featured.

Contrary to popular opinion, this movie is crap. I'd rather watch paint dry than sit through this drivel again. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

</font color>