Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 07:24 AM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
I do have to say that the Luxor is amazing. One of the vew places I have ever walked into and been wow'd.

huh?? what is Luxor? is it the one with garden inside?
Old 10-23-2001, 07:30 AM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Never been to Vegas, but I have been to the real place Luxor - in Egypt. Karnak temple, WOW! Sorry, I've off-topicked your off-topic

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 07:34 AM   #13
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I kinda think this whole thread has meander'd just a wee bit.

I, unfortunately, have never been beyond the borders of North America.
I never even went to Mexico while I lived in San Diego.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:38 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

You lived in San Diego, Wulfere? Cool! I always wanted (and still want) to visit Sea World there. My favorite animal (the killer whale) is an animal I've never seen in real life, so that's the main reason to go there. Is Sea World cool?

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-23-2001, 07:53 AM   #15
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Sea World is very cool. I always enjoyed going there and have lost count of the times I went. If you go though...don't sit in the first few rows, unless you really wanna get wet...lol. We always went and watched the tourists get soaked when the Killer Whales lept out of the water and came down right in front of them.

The Luxor is shaped like a Pyramid and has an very cool egyptian motif. When you walk in there is a huge stone gate with Sphinx's and several statues of Anubis.
The interior is hollow and steps up to the apex. Very awesome. They don't have elevators there either, they have inclinators, because the building slopes up inside and out.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 07:56 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
You lived in San Diego, Wulfere? Cool! I always wanted (and still want) to visit Sea World there. My favorite animal (the killer whale) is an animal I've never seen in real life, so that's the main reason to go there. Is Sea World cool?

Link, I understand that you want to see the whale. I don't think it's right to keep them in captivitiy though, it gives them a lot of stress as they are intelligent creatures. That might be something you want to consider before supporting the poor thing's captors by purchasing an entry ticket. Just my opinion.

------------------

Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-23-2001, 07:59 AM   #17
Link
Jack Burton

Of course not Epona! I love the creature best when it's set free. Therefore I'm saving for a trip to Iceland, and then I can see them in their "natural" way! Zoo's are fun ofcourse, but I prefer safari.

------------------

Guns don't kill people, people kill other people.
So, therefore:
Nobody moves! Give me your wallet! I'm holding a person right here!

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-23-2001, 08:09 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Of course not Epona! I love the creature best when it's set free. Therefore I'm saving for a trip to Iceland, and then I can see them in their "natural" way! Zoo's are fun ofcourse, but I prefer safari.

Good for you! I've not got a downer on all zoos - some do great conservation work and have breeding and re-release programs.
I do have a problem with performing dolphins & whales though. If they can't be released because they couldn't survive, or are part of a conservation program then they should be treated with dignity. I know that the keepers say the animals enjoy performing and being trained because of the attention they get, and they may well do, but making money is usually the main driving force rather than the welfare of the creatures. IMHO.

------------------

Old 10-23-2001, 08:18 AM   #19
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Very true Epona. But the research that goes into keeping these creatures has taught us volumes about how they survive. I personally would like nothing more than to see them released.

I don't know if you have ever heard of the episode where a trainer was working with one of the whales and as she left the pool the whale took hold of her leg and held her in the pool. It wasn't trying to hurt her. But nearly tore her leg off. It only wanted her to stay and play longer. She recieved hundreds of stitches and returned to work with the same whale again. Many of the trainers develope a personal and very emotional bond. I think they too would like to see these noble creatures released.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #20
Byronas

Welcome back Epona!
How are your Greeks go? Do you want any help?

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.