Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-10-2001, 08:05 AM   #21
Charean
Hathor

Oddly enough, I did his quest, he became a knight, and that attitude you all talk about pretty much goes away. He is a good PC and a good Cleric. I generally play *good* parties, and he and Keldorn get along very well. Then again, I don't put evil characters in my party with him, either.

I did start yet another game and am using a chaotic neutral PC - Korgan is a stitch if you can get past the thick accent. As a tank, however, I like Keldorn with the Holy Avenger. He whomps but good!

Old 03-10-2001, 08:19 AM   #22
Stealthy

What is particularly galling is that he is the only NPC available for a female PC to have a romance with. If it were me, I would turn gay and chat up Viconia . He is totally crap, a poor fighter and a poor cleric. His wisdom sucks big time, even after he is knighted. I must congratulate the BG2 team, on devising such an intresting personality though. Viconia is far better a cleric and with a Str boost can fight well too. Otherwise, go with Aerie, who is also a good back-up mage or Jaheira, who is also interesting and an excellent druid who can fight properly as well.

------------------

Never accept an invitation from Wolfgir to a BBQ!
Old 03-10-2001, 08:24 AM   #23
Lord Shield

I thought Haer'Dalis was available for female PCs as well, but I could be wrong

Old 03-10-2001, 11:09 AM   #24
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Come on...

Stick to the topic..

It's "praise"

If you wanna insult an NPC, go mutilate Haer Dalis or something and leave Anomen alone....

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-10-2001, 11:13 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
What is particularly galling is that he is the only NPC available for a female PC to have a romance with. If it were me, I would turn gay and chat up Viconia . He is totally crap, a poor fighter and a poor cleric. His wisdom sucks big time, even after he is knighted. I must congratulate the BG2 team, on devising such an intresting personality though. Viconia is far better a cleric and with a Str boost can fight well too. Otherwise, go with Aerie, who is also a good back-up mage or Jaheira, who is also interesting and an excellent druid who can fight properly as well.

Fear not Stealth, females should have more options in TOB.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-10-2001, 11:29 AM   #26
Moiraine
Anubis

I hope so, Memny ! The hard part for us ladies to play computer games (adventure or RPGs) is often that we are compelled to play men. I still am not over with having had to be a big male Avatar in Ultima IX !

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 11:32 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
I hope so, Memny ! The hard part for us ladies to play computer games (adventure or RPGs) is often that we are compelled to play men. I still am not over with having had to be a big male Avatar in Ultima IX !

The choice should be more - extensive - in TOB. Not sure if the romance will only work during the expansion period or retrospectively through the game. It depends on how they script it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-10-2001, 11:43 AM   #28
Lord Shield

I never got Ultima 9. It crash-looped on my brother and he took it back. They allowed male/female selections with the earlier games. Wonder why they stopped that? On the other foot, I would have liked the option to play a male character in the Tomb Raider games. Deathtrap Dungeon allowed you to play either

Old 03-10-2001, 05:31 PM   #29
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Do you know what is really amusing about this? The programmers must ahve done a real good job designing Anomen's character because everybody moans or praises him as if he was a real person and not a bunch of numbers in a computer
You are on the mark... they must have had a great time with him in the lab - I wonder who the voice is? He did really well! I love the choice to ask him where he got the silly accent... LOL

The only other one you hear about is Korgan - and he is quite a personality... mixing it up with that "tree hugger" Jaheira!

------------------
I drank what?
Old 03-10-2001, 05:37 PM   #30
Charean
Hathor

By the way - thank you Dimension X - I don't feel quite so alone out here...

And Accord, no one Ever accused me of being a coward! LOL

------------------
I drank what?

[This message has been edited by Charean (edited 03-10-2001).]