Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-03-2000, 03:58 PM   #11
Magness
Quintesson

Normally, I think that the best weapon for Jahiera is definitely the Blackblood +3 club. There are some better quarterstaves, but they are 2 handed weapons that prevent you from using the really good shields. Another great weapon for Jahiera to have in her inventory is the Rod of Smiting (a Qstaff) for whacking all those nasty golems. She'll certainly wield it better than any of the mages.

Also, I think that Jahiera can only wield true scimitars, no wazi(whatevers) allowed.

Which brings me to a particular gripe of mine. Why the heck aren't the wazi(whatevers) and the ninja-to's part of the katana skill set??? They have far more in common with the katana than with the scimitar. Furthermore, if a character wanted to dual wield a katana and a wazizashi like a samuarai, he'd have to have two different proficencies. This just doesn't seem right to me.
Old 12-03-2000, 05:31 PM   #12
Armisael

You're right, Jaheira can't use wakizashis. She should be able to, it uses the same proficiency... methinks Black Isle may have overlooked druid/fighters when they designed the weapon. Might be a good idea to make a fix for that.

Old 12-03-2000, 05:52 PM   #13
Conan

Sling of Everard+5 and the scimtar Belm+2 seem to be the best combo that I have used with Jaheira I also use the shield fortress+3. I think you will need the bonus cd to get the sling though.

Old 12-19-2000, 05:28 PM   #14
Saithana

Very early on I bought Jaheira the Cleric's Staff +4 from the Adventurer's mart. That way, I had two weapons in the party that could hit the big golems (the other being the Sling +5 from Deirdre, one of the addons).

She carries that, but mostly uses the +3 club and a cool shield. AC -9.
My priest has a +3 Mace and a shield, AC-8, Minsc has the Flail of Ages and the two +3 Axes (the Flail for undead). His AC is -5 (no shield...)

Cheers
Craig

Old 12-19-2000, 06:00 PM   #15
Suul-Yinn

I have Jaheira dual-wielding Gnasher and Blackblood, which makes for an effective combo. Early on you can buy the staff of Rhynn(+4) from the Adventurer's Mart which comes in very useful for attacking those hard to hit monsters. Personally I wish there was a better scimitar in the game. You can also find an excellent spear in the Underwater city, Impaler, +3 and an extra 10 points piercing damage, ouch!

Old 12-19-2000, 06:15 PM   #16
Jon the Hell Caster

go [here]

Old 12-19-2000, 06:16 PM   #17
Jon the Hell Caster

go here for some all new scimaters enjoy!!

Old 12-19-2000, 07:32 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yes Impaler is the go (+3 +10 piercing). I used that and Rhynn (+4) to cover piercing and bunt attacks. Keeping her on two handed weapons meant I could swap in the applicable elemental staff when confronted with an elemental, or the Rod of Smiting (vs golems) without changing shields as well.
Old 12-21-2000, 06:50 PM   #19
G.W.

The bonus cd has a +3 staff that gives her additional level 5 and 6 spells. Unfortunately I think if she swaps to a sling the extra spells are forgotten... But if you use it to mem steel skin and something else you cast right away in your first battle (say, insect swarm), it may be worth keeping.

Old 12-21-2000, 06:57 PM   #20
Sylent

I know that this weapon is probably pretty crap compared with what you guys are all talking about, but I found it very useful throughout the early stages of the game...
it is the staffspear, which has a damage of 1d8+3 (or maybe is it +2 )
I got this of Xan, or whatever, I will soon find a better weapon, but this is working fine at the moment...