Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2000, 08:03 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I've been trying to kill Firk' the Red Dragon to no avail. He basically kicks my ass!! I don't have a monk in my party. I have four wands of cloud kill, but that is not enough. Close, but so far... Help! It's my birthday and all I want is a dead red dragon!!
Old 11-29-2000, 08:56 PM   #2
Morninglord

*just shakes his head*

Old 11-29-2000, 09:00 PM   #3
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings...
The way I see it, you are rushing to get into battle(with a red dragon!!).
The best advice I can offer you is to do the other quests first and earn those much needed
exp. and thus gaining a few levels before you face the big red monster again.

There are threads in this forum which discuss strategy on fighting Firkragg. Do check 'em out.

And Happy Birthday!!!!!
Old 11-29-2000, 09:09 PM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board ladyzekke,
I'm going to have to agree with The X. Most of the strategy books suggest waiting until you have reached chapter 5 or 6 before you try taking down the Big Mean Red Lumbering Machine.
There are good players who manage to take him down before that with no losses. My characters are fairly low level, I'm still in chapter 3 and I'm in the same situation that you are. I manage to take him out, but he always takes 1 to 3 of my characters down with him. That price is far too steep.
Old 11-29-2000, 09:53 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke, just do this...

Okay maybe Firkraag's a bit bigger than that.

You can find some strategies to beat Firkraag here and here.

*hint* Lower resistance, greater malison, finger of death.
Old 11-30-2000, 12:15 AM   #6
Armisael

If you don't mind losing a couple of items, like Carsomyr or maybe a cloak of shielding, you can always use my magic resistance, greater malison, flesh to stone method (patent applied). Kills him off quickly, and since I don't keep paladins around long and Carsomyr only sells for about 5,000 gp, it doesn't worry me. Well, unless the petrification messes around with my precious red dragon scales. The other way is the talk, hit method. That just seems a little too cheap for my liking, though.

Old 11-30-2000, 12:19 AM   #7
Armisael

(looks up)
Oh. Uh, yeah, finger of death would work, too, and you wouldn't lose any items. (why didn't I think of that?)

Old 11-30-2000, 12:40 AM   #8
Sardonix

Feeblemind worked for me...try that.

Old 11-30-2000, 12:46 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I so did not rate lower resistance and greater malison as good spells when i beat the game the first time. the second time i was a lot smarter about spells. those 2 spells can put you on even par with just about anyone. i wondered why Firkraag kept casting greater malison at me
Old 11-30-2000, 01:20 AM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I appreciate what you guys are saying, but I believe part of the problem is that ladyzekke, like me has lower class characters. None of my magic users can cast anything above level 5 spells, including Edwin. I can cast lower resistence etcetera, but we kon't have the benefit of pinkie of death, and big time malison.