Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 01:18 AM   #1
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

My cleric just became lvl 11 and she has some new spells. But when i memorize them, i cant seem to cast them. It says that my character doesnt have the capability to do it. I tried taking off some armor but it still doesnt work. Do i need to be a higher level to cast those spells?

Any help would be good thanks

Dmouse
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:22 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Spells are tied to Wisdom for clerics. They need 10+spell level in wisdom to cast spells of that level. At 11th level, a cleric learns 6th level spells, so needs a minimum 16 Wisdom to cast them. It sounds like yours has only 15 Wisdom. You'll need to work on that to cast higher level spells.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:22 AM   #3
Lord Corwin
The Magister

What are the spells that she seems unable to cast? And what level are they in her spell book/scroll...

You said you took off "Some" armor...... if you still are wearing any,what kind is it?
Did you take any feats in Armored Arcana?
Old 11-03-2002, 01:24 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Armor is irrelevant for clerics, Lord C. They can cast spells in any kind of armor without penalty. His Wisdom stat isn't high enough; that's the problem.

Nightowl2
Old 11-03-2002, 01:27 AM   #5
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Ah ok. I stand corrected.
I was thinking like I do about my Wizard and Sorcerer.. I don`t usually play Cleric`s.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:31 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

No clerics in your parties? What do you do for healing and buff spells?

Nightowl2
Old 11-03-2002, 01:36 AM   #7
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Are you kidding? I`ve picked up so many potions that I am sick of seeing the dam things. I think every critter in the game has some kinda potion on it.Most seem to be healing.But there is a wide variety. And my Pal has some healing powers.
Picked alot of pockets to..... Plus with what seems a never ending supply of money from battles,it`s easy to fill up a potion bag or two.....
Old 11-03-2002, 02:37 AM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Corwin:
Are you kidding? I`ve picked up so many potions that I am sick of seeing the dam things. I think every critter in the game has some kinda potion on it.Most seem to be healing.But there is a wide variety. And my Pal has some healing powers.
Picked alot of pockets to..... Plus with what seems a never ending supply of money from battles,it`s easy to fill up a potion bag or two.....
Hmm, I relied on heal and at the end, mass heal, to get me through quite a few battles. Potions didn't help much when we'd lost 100hp. Good luck without a cleric
Old 11-04-2002, 08:05 AM   #9
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies. So from what i gather, i am in trouble. I still have to check my characters wisdom. If its 15 then i am in the dumps. Cause as i remember correctly, i dont get to add points to my stats taht often. If thats the case, i am better off , re doing the whole game, cause taht really S**ks man. I have the spells but i cant cast them, frustrating for me.

Thanks again Dmouse
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 08:07 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If you equip an item that raise wisdom, you will be able to cast higher level spells while the item is equiped.

Also, you don't need to restart the game, just remove everything from your cleric, delete him, and add a level 1 cleric. Just keep him away from monsters, and since the xp is shared between all members, he will level up pretty fast.