Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 01-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Default Re: Suggested order of plot quests?

Yup, the fight went well, & easily. Oil fires + fireball/earthquake made sure that the enemy came in ones & twos.

The fight in the village OTOH was a lot tougher. By the time I got there the militia were already in melee with the zombies. Couldn't use any AOE spells. Any tips on doing this battle & keeping everyone alive?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion

I haven't managed to save everyone, but I saved most of them.

Key things--cast Heal on the militia who are badly hurt, let your tank use pots to heal. Force field can also save militia members who are swarmed (as well as absorbing a lot of blows from enemies). I just wish that Group Heal would also work on the Militia

With my first party, Alistair didn't have Taunt. I assume that this will help quite a bit to take heat off the militia.

Use lots of crowd control spells to keep the corpses frozen/paralyzed/stunned. Mind blast is great in this fight because it only effects enemies. I'd definitely recommend bringing two mages to this fight if you can (both should have heal).

You can also use AOE spells on the area outside the barricade where the new corpses come from to soften them up.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #13
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Well, i finished this part of the fight. Unfortunately most of the militia died - including Tomas, the mayor (is he scripted to die - just curious) & Lloyd whom I managed to "convince" to help in the defence of the village.
Not inclined to re-play this bit as it's the first plot quest after Lothering, so I don't have many of the spells you've mentioned.
Thanks for the help!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There really is no particular order to them. On my last run through I did Orzammar first, and I tend to do Redcliffe towards the end of the game, since I don't have a treaty for Redcliffe.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

Luvian has it right.

The game definitely appears to entice you into going in the order of Redcliffe/Mage Tower/Elves/Dwarves.

Not wanting to be influenced by Alistair the first time, I went Elves/Redcliffe/Mages/Dwarves in my first playthrough and found that the Mage Tower was probably the easiest of them all, with Orzammar the most arduous and difficult.

@ Aelia
I'd be interested in hearing more about the spell choices that Wynne has if you delay going to the tower even more. I think in my game she had arcane bolt and stonefist, both of which I found effective. This was an issue that also affected npc mages in the BG series as well.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote