Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 09:08 AM   #31
Armisael

My greatest musical accomplishment is managing to recreate the Victoria Bitter ad's theme tune as a ring tone for my mobile phone.

Old 01-14-2001, 10:53 AM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey Black Knight, do you want a rant against Kenny G written by Pat Metheny? There's no email in your profile so I couldn't send it, Email me: chanteur@bigpond.com if you'd like it. Very very funny, especially for a musician.

A jazz saxophonist I write/record with sent it to me.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:54 PM   #33
bocaj

Damn I could not have said it better, that was very nicely put. I mean that too. *sniff* *sniff*

Old 01-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #34
smaug

i listen to rap and heavy meatle. when ever theres a big fight i put breakstuff in.

Old 01-14-2001, 07:30 PM   #35
smaug

oh yeah i forgot

yes i do play an insturment

durms Gurtiar and vocals

Old 01-14-2001, 07:40 PM   #36
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I like Black Sabbath/Ozzy. Although my latest cd was Type O Negative. I dont play any instrument although I once had a hammer that went "ping" everytime I hit a nail. That got annoying though so I threw it in the woods. Ozzy is God
Old 01-14-2001, 08:52 PM   #37
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Black,
I'm saying this with a wry smile so don't take anything as agressive or anything, ok?

The point of language is to convey an idea adequately from one mind to another. It's important when you use a word to use it in the context that the majority of previous users have indeed used that word or confusion and misinterpretation arises.

Thus, what you are speaking of is NOT Nirvana, but simply meditation. To the concept's originators Nirvana is indeed the cessation of existance - the ultimate ideal pursed by the Buddha - and in Buddhist thought unatainable by anything less than a Buddhist Monk.

In the same way Buddha is not (a) God. He preached worship of the 'Gods' to be futile as they were caught up in the cycle of rebirth as much as humans.

Similarly Shiva is not to be confused with the monothiestic God/Allah/Jehova, as 'he' is part of a pantheistic pantheon, and is actually the opposite of a creator spirit (Shiva is the destroyer).

I hold beliefs 'that work for me' but in the process am aware that loving fire is not the same as loving ice. I am aware of the differences between faiths so I can adequately choose. I too attain the peace you are referring, but through prayer rather than meditation alone.

I'm glad it works for you B.K.

Hey, did you get the Pat Metheny rant?
Old 01-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #38
BLACK KNIGHT

Yorick, I understand. Remember, this all started with a tongue in cheek comment. But I do see your point. I sometimes forgot that when I speak online, the readers don't necessarily know me as well as most people do when I talk. Thanks for the reminder. It was taken as good advice, not an attack.

And the Pat Metheny was WAY cool and WAY right on.

Later,

BK

Old 01-15-2001, 03:56 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

~dragging the thread back to original topic by the hair~

1. everything from classical to metal to triphop to rock to gothic to symphonic and back (Nightwish, Portishead, Switchblade Symphony, Daeonia, Carl Orff, Type O, Sisters Of Mercy, The Gathering, The Tea Party, Muse, Vivaldi, Mozart(Zauberflöte!!), Nevermore, Rhapsody (hey _max_RUSSKIE nice you know em although personally listening to them brings me in a state of precious balance between admiration and ridicule ), Rammstein, Lacrimosa, Wagner, Therion, Faith and the Muse)
2. yes
3. Vocal. Soprano to be precise, previously in rockbands & now in a choir (performing Orff's Carmina Burana and Catulli Carmina this week)