Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2000, 04:21 AM   #1
Jaxonite

I was just wondering how many of you have played the P&P (Pen & Paper) version of AD&D and if so have you also been a Dungeon Master (DM?)

As for myself, I've been at this since the game was called Chainmail (created by Dave Arneson and Gary Gygax) and was a set of rules for miniatures play.

Also, anyone been a member of the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism?) Wiccan? All these things seem to go together.

If you'd rather not answer publicly, but still wish to share, I can be Emailed at
jaxonite@altavista.com. Blessed Be!

Old 11-23-2000, 10:46 PM   #2
Iceman
Welcomed New User

I play pen and paper whenever i can, usually as DM. It is a great game because anything is possible and can work if the DM manages the PCs properly.
Old 11-23-2000, 11:03 PM   #3
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Yes. DM and player (10 years doing both off and on)). The real joy of the game to me is storytelling and goofing off. And though labels with-in spirituality elude me, I follow the wiccan rede. As for SCA Ive missed out, Although I have attended a few Renaissance fests in Atlanta and other partis in the U.S.

My handle on this board Omega dawn is my original D&D character. She rose to very high level and eventually became immortal as per the AD&D codex of the immortals rulebook.
At the time of her divine ascension she was a triple classed(like dual class but with three-quite a wish spell!) 19rd lvl bard/ 20th lvl Mage and 22nd lvl cleric( five years of roleplaying almost bi/weekly!)She is currently trapped in the consciousness of a lowly mortal Druid named Amber Fairo.
Old 12-02-2000, 05:33 AM   #4
Jaxonite

Thanks for the replies! Sorry to be so late checking this thread, but I've had some challenges here at work.

Omega Dawn - Your character sounds very interesting. Innovative use of a wish spell, I must say. Your DM was generous to allow it or you must have been very specific in the wording.

Speaking of classic characters, I had a dual class Fighter/Mage once by the name of Morganus Relan who eventually made it to 27th level. He had been through the old TSR P&P modules G1 - G3 (The Giants), D1 - D3 (The Original Drow/Underdark), S1 - S4 (The Old Special Dungeons) and many of the RPGA releases in the early 80's. It was shortly after his rise to Demi-God status that I felt the calling to be a DM and had him gate to his own world (Orpheum.) There he became my avatar to help out players that got into seroius trouble in their questings through my world. Boy it sure would be great to play again, but unfortunatly most of the kids today prefer computer game masters to human ones.

I don't personally ascribe to any organized faith, although I've embraced many and found them lacking. The tenets of the Wiccan beleif stucture are, however, very close to what I perceive to be the way of things.

Old 12-02-2000, 05:42 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
i have been playing the ADOD system some time and yes I have been a DM, notoriuos for my intriguing and evil plottings..