Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Madonna!

I saw her on GMA today, and she said that is the name of the queen that her spiritual adviser 'channeled' for her. It is the name she wants to go by now. She'll still be the stage humping Madonna when she's in front of more than 1,000 people, but the rest of the time she relates to the Biblical Queen Esther.

Weird.

I can't afford a spiritual advisor, so I tried to 'channel' a new name for myself, but despite hoping for Tom Jones, all I could get was Englebert Humperdinck.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Kwijibo, the poster formerly known as Jorath Calar.

Why do celebrities think that people care about their spiritual side, they are clowns, a spiritual clown is just as much of a clown as your run of the mill, everyday clown.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Frankly, I consider stars to be a danger when they tread on the spiritual high ground. I fear too many people just stupidly go in their footsteps how wrong those stars may have chosen...
Old 06-18-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I don't think Madonna knows who she is really.. she always tries to change her look, attitude ever few years, like she's not happy with herself. And this new name is... well, IMO a publicity stunt.

Remember Prince? Did you ever feel weird saying:
"Hey! Did ya hear? 'Symbol' is coming to concert next week"

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Yes I totally agree with you there. She just changes to meet the trends and to make more money. Or what ever gains she needs at the time. She must be coming out with a new CD or another crappy movie.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Since when is changing your looks something noteworthy ? A lot of women do it regularly. Heck, even my mom tries different things every now and then. It's only natural to make a few changes from time to time, different hairstyle, different make up, different style of clothing, etc..

It has nothing to do with not being happy with themselves, it's about trying to make improvements. It's the people who always have the same appearance that are usually not too happy with the way they look. Either that, or they don't care.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
quietman1920

Isn't adopting a religion for publicity insulting to members of that religion? I remember I wasn't too thrilled when she called herself Madonna and started doing videos with crosses...
Old 06-18-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Since when is changing your looks something noteworthy ? A lot of women do it regularly. Heck, even my mom tries different things every now and then. It's only natural to make a few changes from time to time, different hairstyle, different make up, different style of clothing, etc..

It has nothing to do with not being happy with themselves, it's about trying to make improvements. It's the people who always have the same appearance that are usually not too happy with the way they look. Either that, or they don't care.
Yes I see nothing wrong with making a change or two but she changes way to often it is like she can not find her self and stick with it for a little while and all her changes seem to be stemmed by the need for her to sell something. And not only is she changing her cloths and make -up but she seems to make lifestyle changes and the average person does not make as many as that.

But then who really cares. Was there a thread not to long ago about the fixation of these stars and here we are talking about it. But I am just so dam bored.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:17 PM   #9
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Funny thing is, the "conventional religions" are not usually represented among the Celebrity Elite, Jewish mysticism seem to be all the rage, yet not Lutheran evangelism or Islam.. Wonder why? Anyone here a demographical/societal religion expert?

[ 06-18-2004, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Old 06-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

That would be identifying themselfes with the lumpen masses, the thing they fear above all.