Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-10-2001, 06:01 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, having read all of the above, I guess I appreciate Dallas-Fort Worth better...

except that every year the traffic gets worse and worse. The area is growing at an unprecendented rate, with the effect that the traffic increases 2 to 2.5 times faster than they can build highways to accommodate it. It's very strange. If you leave to go to Dallas by 6:15 in the morning, you can generally get there in 1 hour. If you leave to go to Dallas by 6:20 in the morning, you're lucky if you get there by 8:00 a.m. 5 minutes really makes that much of a difference.

I've learned to take back roads, shortcuts, and all sorts of workarounds, since every highway in this area is under major construction, and the yee-haws that live around here drive like maniacs with no concern for environment or road conditions, with the effect that multi-car pileups are common on a daily basis. Fort Worth used to be a lot better, but it's been getting pretty bad as well. And now Denton is getting infiltrated with the traffic and the construction. I'm so glad that it's May because all the danged students who don't look where they're driving will go back to Dallas or wherever they came from and Denton will be nice and peaceful for about 3 months. Then August comes and all hell breaks loose here again.

Old 05-10-2001, 06:13 PM   #12
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by turbovee:
Accord - How do things work concerning accidents between Canadian/American drivers? Uninsured or not

Hmmm...I am not sure, but in Canada generally speaking things work out between the two insurance companies, and you only deal with your own insurance company and they pay for any allowed claims or losses (if you are found to be at fault, then you will face a higher premium). As for ppl w/o insurance from cross border incidents, I have no idea. Sorry man.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 06:16 PM   #13
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Drivers seem to be getting worse all the time - more dangerous and impatient every day. But not being a driver myself I can't criticize as I don't know what everyone's going through. But still... I do have the right to safety! Victoria's not too bad yet because it's not too big a city (about 300,000 people I think) but I've been in bigger cities and it scares me senseless.
Old 05-10-2001, 07:52 PM   #14
turbovee
Elminster

Catzenpewters- I went to Victoria/Vancouver several times while I was in the Navy. What an absolutley gorgeous city. I loved my stay there, except for the overcast skies everyday I would love to go back there.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 05-11-2001, 08:10 AM   #15
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I always thought that Nashville has the worst drivers.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 05-11-2001, 09:40 AM   #16
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle:
I have recently been to New York on a business trip ( well Holiday, their wasn't much work goin on) and I can honestly say that people in New York can not drive, the Taxi I was in was cut off, swore at and he himself did mostly the same, I've never seen such angry drivers, why cant we all just be friendly and give way and be cutious drivers, I swear half of them got their licences on the back of a Weeties Box, No oofence to anyone from New York by the way, im just not used to that kind of thing I suppose !

I'll have you know I take offense to this......WE don't get our liscences from Wheaties boxes, they are from Cracker Jack boxes......get it right next time.....

Have you ever thought that maybe it's the people that do not live here are causing the problems? Just because the liscence plate say NY, doesn't mean that the driver is from NY. It's probably a rental........probably someone from California(we all know they can't drive)

BTW, I agree with you, I'm from NJ, and these knuckleheads from NY can NOT drive....

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 05-11-2001, 11:30 AM   #17
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

pet peeves of driving of others:

rolling stop instead of complete stop
finding out whose turn it is at the 4-way stop
zipping thru the yellow light at the last second
does an awkward turn to take your parking space
driving 45 on the 65 lane on the busy time of the day
beeping at you when you make the correct turn

(I actually saw someone reading a paperback book while driving!) GAH! :O

------------------
Old 05-11-2001, 11:47 AM   #18
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

Hah! You must not do much city driving Adam...all of your items are standard procedure in large cities and surrounding areas.

What are of Michigan are you in? UP or LP? I've got family in the Muskegon area.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-11-2001, 11:49 AM   #19
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LP

heck, the drivers in the city is much better than the ones I listed!

------------------
Old 05-11-2001, 02:30 PM   #20
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

Adam, those aren't that bad. At least in L.A, those aren't bad. I get pissed when I'm clipping along at 80-85mph and some dumbass changes lanes into the fast lane at 50 or something and doesen't make an attempt to speed up. I also hate it when people drive in between the carpool lane and the fast lane. I hate seeing people in the carpool lane by themselves.

And worst of all.....

People who don't turn their turn signals off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)