Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-08-2001, 10:28 AM   #21
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

I was afraid to ask because I have been flamed for asking this question on other non SW related boards in the past.
My favourite Character is Chewy, and I don't really dislike Jar Jar Thgat much, sure he's annoying but you get used to him after seeing TPM 130 times .
Oh and Moni, you are never to old to collect the toys My biggest regret in life is that I gave my collection away when I was 16 . Still wish I hadn't, but I am so lucky to have a little brother who is also a big fan, and that is my fault, he started watching the film with me when he was 11 months old .

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother
Old 05-08-2001, 10:32 AM   #22
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Row Firecam:
I was afraid to ask because I have been flamed for asking this question on other non SW related boards in the past.
My favourite Character is Chewy, and I don't really dislike Jar Jar Thgat much, sure he's annoying but you get used to him after seeing TPM 130 times .
Oh and Moni, you are never to old to collect the toys My biggest regret in life is that I gave my collection away when I was 16 . Still wish I hadn't, but I am so lucky to have a little brother who is also a big fan, and that is my fault, he started watching the film with me when he was 11 months old .

We have a polite group here. If you say something in the wrong area, we will just let you know that. As for the Star Wars question, well, this is the general discussion thread. I would just like to add that I did get ALL the toys when Star Wars came out, but that when I went into the Navy, my mom sold all of them. DOH. Some of them were worth quite a bit (still are). Reminds me of when I had my comic collection stolen in the early 70's. I had quite a few of early 50's and 60's books then. It almost made me give up on collecting anything.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 05-08-2001, 10:36 AM   #23
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well as far as I´m concerned they could have skipped the faceovers and kep the fighting dudeds instead.. OK McGowan ??? Is ok as Obi One.

Hehe, this talk about Star Wars reminds me about a Monty strip where he is crying out to his friends at a Star Trek meeting about his GF doesn´t understand it and that she finally says "I´m not into Star Wars", and Monty starts crying and all his friends give him corny Star Trek onliners..hehehe

Well it is funny if you ever saw it..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 10:43 AM   #24
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Row Firecam;
Oh and Moni, you are never to old to collect the toys
True, true, but I don't like to dust.

My son still has all of the "He-Man and the Masters of The Universe" Action Figures, Castles, Vehicles, etc packed up in boxes. I am sure when he digs them out years from now that he will appreciate having saved them.

Moni

Old 05-08-2001, 12:36 PM   #25
onthepequod
Quintesson

Star Wars is my favorite series. Although I do agree with Black Knight, Jar Jar was an annoying distraction from an otherwise good movie. A further gripe about Episode I is the extent to which the directors tried to reach the adolescent market through Anakin’s role. But otherwise look forward to future episodes and nostalgically looking back at past episodes. Did I say that this is my favorite series??
Old 05-08-2001, 01:05 PM   #26
dafan

Star wars is great... have been a fan since I first saw it when I was 8 or something like that... though a little disapointed at ep1 it didn't have the same great feeling as ep 4,5 and 6 had but it was ok... looking forward to the next... hope it's a lot better

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 05-08-2001, 02:58 PM   #27
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I HATE STARWARS.

(Not really, I'm just trying to be different)

The original trilogy was fantastic, but I'm not so sure about EP1. It just didn't have the feel of the others. It's also a shame that about the only thing Darth Maul said was 'Yes, master'. Hopefully EP1 was just setting up the story for the next 2, so they can be as great as the others.

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 05-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old 05-08-2001, 06:02 PM   #28
Tancred
White Dragon

Ah, Star Wars. Good old space epics! Great overblown story, cool (and I do mean COOL) operatic soundtrack, a sentimentality and strange heroic saga 'feel' that sets it apart from other Sci-Fi. Yeah, I'm a fan!

Tancred

Imoen: "So, that makes me Princess Leia."
Yoshimo: "Can I be Han Solo?"
Jaheira: "I see you more of a Lando Calrissian myself... so, who is Minsc? Chewbacca?"
Minsc: "Yes, I am Chewbacca. Boo can be Han! Would you like that, Boo?"
Anomen: "But Darth Vader wasn't dead..."
Nalia: "Sarevok was Darth Vader. He even did the breathing thing. Bhaal's the Emperor, or would be if he wasn't dead..."
Anomen: "Helm, you're right! That makes Gorion Obi-Wan! This IS Star Wars!"

- The NPC interaction that SHOULD have happened

Old 05-08-2001, 06:43 PM   #29
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Sarevok: No. I am your brother

By the way the best Star wars site is The Force.Net

I have posted on their discussion boards for 2 and a half year, it's a great place, though I'm taking a break from there for a while, I found you guys
Oh and thats a Banner I designed in a banner contest we had there

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother

[This message has been edited by Row Firecam (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old 05-08-2001, 06:52 PM   #30
Tancred
White Dragon

Sarevok: Once I was only the learner in Candlekeep. Now I am the master!
Gorion: You can't win, Sarevok. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine!

It's easier than you think!

Khalid: The odds of succeeding in reaching the palace in time through the streets are approximately 3,720 - 1!
Jahiera: NEVER tell me the odds.

Tancred

[This message has been edited by Tancred (edited 05-08-2001).]