Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-24-2003, 12:15 AM   #1
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Hey, I recently bought ToB, and I decided to play a game (unfortunately, my hard drive got fried and I had to start from scratch)sooooo, I am playing through SoA again with the tactics mod installed (Ilytch mod is a B****! by the way) Anyways, here is my problem. In this game Irenicus has recently acquired the dialogue scripts of Noober! Instead of doing anything productive, or having any dialogue with him, he says something like,"Hey, sign my t-shirt" or, "I want to be an adventurer too!" and casts a spell or two then poofs like when I exited from the Irenicus dungeon, he simply asked me to sign his t-shirt, cast one spell on Imoen, and grabbed her and dimension doored out. No Cowled Wizards, nothing.

My questions are this,

1) is there any way to fix this? Or any insight on how this happened? All I have installed are SoA, ToB, Tactics Mod, Ease of Use,and Item upgrades. I have not gone into the SoA directory and messed with the dialogues or anything like that.

2) Can I finish a game like this w/o any adverse side effects? Will it corrupt later on? And can I actually finish a game?

Thanks,
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #2
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

That's sounds like part of a mod(I forgot which one) that just skips a lot of his initial dialogue to make the dungeon go faster. Don't worry.

BTW I feel you on that Improved Ilyich.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:12 AM   #3
Lord Demerol
Dungeon Master

It's part of the "Ease Of Use" MOD - I don't remember the exact name of the specific component, it's something like "Faster Chapter 1 & 2 Cutscenes and Dreams". You can run the "Setup-Ease.exe" again and choose to uninstall this specific component.
Lord Demerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:51 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

It doesn't appear that they put much effort in making the component. There are better dialogs than Neeber's.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:23 AM   #5
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Its a part of the Darkest Day mod, Its pretty funny though... ''I wanna go to the Underdark, ive heard they got cool stuff there '' ect.

so no bug or a fix needed..
Old 01-24-2003, 08:22 AM   #6
Buster_Wiz
Dungeon Master

Phew, thanks guys
Buster_Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
McHaggis
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
[QB]Its a part of the Darkest Day mod..[QB]
I just wanted to correct you that it isn't part of TDD, it's part of Ease-of-Use, as Lord Demerol statet above.
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:26 AM   #8
Annatar
Mephistopheles

ow okay... didn't knew I have the ease of use mod installed then (does it come with TDD pack then or what?)
Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
ow okay... didn't knew I have the ease of use mod installed then (does it come with TDD pack then or what?)
Oh, not at all. See here.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:43 AM   #10
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Can't remeber installing the ease of use mod though, but still have Irenicus say like ''I wanna go to underdark en sign your shirt'' thingies so... but I will install the ease of use mod.. ads a lot of easy mods (its al in the name )...

question.. will probaly find in in the readme file but I'm lazy.. do I need to restart a new game with the ease of use mod?