Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-06-2001, 04:40 PM   #21
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Definetly! I agree. The gloves of DEX is a "MUST" for Anomen. Did you noticed that evil character's prime requests are "superior" but their other abilities are useless and for good characters they are more balanced. For example Edwin is a GREAT spellcaster but his dex is lower than Nalia. He can't hide in shadows, he can't use katana or bow. And Nalia has more HP (because of dualclassed) Also Victoria, she's a great cleric but Anomen is a better fighter and got more HP than her also he can be Grand Master in any weapon. Korgan is a supreme fighter but Keldorn is the guy who wields Carsomyr.

Old 09-06-2001, 04:45 PM   #22
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

An addition,

Doom spell is a very useful spell because it reduces your enemy's To hit and Save for 2. And there's no saving throw for this spell. So it can have a very strong effect when used both with greater malison. And it's ONLY a 1st level spell.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:31 PM   #23
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

sequenced spells are what irenicus is made out of literally!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-06-2001, 09:38 PM   #24
PoesRaven
Manshoon

Anomen definitely, Aerie is just too weak. I always had Anomen and Jaihera in my party, along with minsc (You NEED minsc, no party is complete without the loony), Haer Dallis (despite what everyone says i love the bard class Blade, and his dual wielding offensive spin is devastating if equipped with the right weapons (I wont spoil)) and Imoen of course. Having Keledorn and Anomen together can be quite amusing
Old 09-06-2001, 09:39 PM   #25
PoesRaven
Manshoon

Anomen definitely, Aerie is just too weak. I always had Anomen and Jaihera in my party, along with minsc (You NEED minsc, no party is complete without the loony), Haer Dallis (despite what everyone says i love the bard class Blade, and his dual wielding offensive spin is devastating if equipped with the right weapons (I wont spoil)) and Imoen of course. Having Keledorn and Anomen together can be quite amusing
Old 09-06-2001, 10:04 PM   #26
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Personally I dont like Haer Dalis. His place is not dungeons battlefields he better back to theatre and play ehehe
He's incredible weak and his bard song does not work his fighter skills are improved but if you want fighter abilities why not take a fighter? Skald is a better kit in my opinion if you want to play a bard.
Old 09-06-2001, 11:28 PM   #27
Kitty
Manshoon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShinobiShaw:
[B]Anomen gets my vote.

For reasons unknown you got alot of people on here getting peeved with Anomen because of his banter. Shoot I dont care if Anomen curses or makes noise thoughout the whole game he is the best cleric in there. While Jaheira is pretty ok in her own right, the ability to kill mass amounts of undead in one setting is the topper on the cake. Anomen fights better then Jaheria. He is level 18 while the rest of my party is 15-16. Jaheria is level 13/13 and does not even have level 7 spells yet. Sure her insect swarm and Summon Elemental rock but I got a wand of monster summoning that Nalia seems fond of. There is my cannon fodder right there.

And don't forget Anomen's skeleton warriors, mountain bears, aerial servants and even pit fiends (provided you're protected from evil) are as good as Jaheira's fire elementals, animals and woodland beings.
Old 09-07-2001, 07:40 PM   #28
oldbittercraig
Elminster

kitty, there's a huge difference between Insect Swarm/Plague and fodder. The druid's spellcaster not only does continual damage to the target, it also prevents spellcasting and hits all enemies... to instantly nullify enemy spellcasters matches Annoyningman's ability to turn/slay undead.

Old 09-07-2001, 07:45 PM   #29
oldbittercraig
Elminster

kitty, there's a huge difference between Insect Swarm/Plague and fodder. The druid's spellcaster not only does continual damage to the target, it also prevents spellcasting and hits all enemies... to instantly nullify enemy spellcasters matches Annoyningman's ability to turn/slay undead.

Furthermore, in my party, I look a little beyond pure powergaming. I've played the real D&D game with a guy who is basically exactly like Anomen. He was such an annoying, arrogant bastard that sessions evolved into nothing but arguements with him. They almost came to blows on more than one occasion. Suffice it to sayit wasn't long at all before everyone else quite going to sessions... leaving him alone with the DM.

I think any "party" that has to deal with the Anomen character would react in the same manner. Which is why I'd take a level 8/8 Jaheira over 18 Anomen any day.
Old 09-07-2001, 08:54 PM   #30
deathknight
Drow Warrior

While it is true that insect plague is a powerful spell that far exceeds turn undeed (in my opinion at least) I would not consider jaheira and anomen to be evenly matched putting those 2 abilities aside. Remove turn undead and insect plague and turn undead and anomen is far superior to jaheira. Only insect plague puts her in contention at all. Anomen is far more versitile though. His melee is superior as is his choice of weapons. He can attain very high levels. The sheer number of spells he can cast (especially the high level spells) compared to jaheria is the icing on the cake.
Ofc I think jaheira is also good although she is baggage early on. Her slow leveling doesn't help in that department either. I don't think it pays off having her until late in the game.
Really if you can deal with the enemy spellcasters some other way you will find anomen far more useful. If not then have both