Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-05-2000, 06:48 PM   #1
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Looking for Hidden stuff

Is there a way to get into all of the towers in the Severd Hand? there appears to be one full of magical artifacts, but i've never seen it.

Also, the ghost in the dead garden at the top of one of those towers; what does he need? I gave him pure water, seeds, squirrels and birds but he STILL asks me if I can find anymore stuff for his garden. Am i missing something?

In Lower Dorn there is a hidden village with a Drow merchant who is said to have "levitated up from the pit" in that room. it's also "rumored that there is a stash of potions and boots that can let you levitate" as per one of the local midgets. Any clues as to where this cache is located? i'm interested to see what these levitation boots are like
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2000, 11:44 PM   #2
Rouver

There are no boots of levitation
Old 12-06-2000, 03:49 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Fascinating. why don't you just tell me there's no Santa Claus either?
ok, so there's no 'levitate' boots per se; can you tell me what there IS?
Has anyone found this cache of potions and boots in Lower Dorn?
Old 12-07-2000, 12:46 AM   #4
Rouver

I'm sorry...I answered the only question that I could. I don't know what else the dude needs...sounds like you've given him everything there could be to find...but since I haven't finished that part, I don't know.

All I DO know is that there are no potions nor boots of levitation. I'm sorry no one else stepped up to deal w/ the other questions..
Old 12-07-2000, 12:49 AM   #5
Rouver

Actually, as to the Severed Hand question, yes, you can get into all of the towers, not just from the floor w/ the resting place & store. I don't think that there is one simply "full of magical artifacts" (from same source as boots of levitation?) You can pick up nice stuff throughout the tower (can't give you examples...don't remember specifics)
The one tower that you go up into w/ the floating chunks of the tower is simply for looks & to advance the plot (ghost scene)

Hope this helps
Old 12-09-2000, 07:39 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

The shattered tower in the Severed Hand had many artifacts in it years ago, but they were all detonated when the Horde overran the Seldarine. That tower is now only rubble and is inaccessible.

The Arboretum caretaker (who is alive, by the way) never ceases asking for more items to put into the Arboretum. The only quest-related items are the water, seeds, squirrels, and birds. Although you can't do this in the game, if you could chip some frozen fish out from the Museum of Dugmaren, thaw them, and put them into the water *that* would be an interesting notion.

Unfortunately, Nym's "stash" doesn't exist in the game, either.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 08:17 AM   #7
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

The other item you need are the seeds. These are found in Dorns Deep - I have yet to find out where.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 08:18 AM   #8
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

Oops, I see you have the seeds. Sorry.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 03:55 PM   #9
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

ok, so the 5th tower in the severed hand is inacessable? bummer

As for Nym's stash of boots and potions, I am unconvinced that it does not exist.
First of all; in the Gnomish village there is one building. It has a wall that looks so suspicius like a hidden door. Plus, from the outside, you can see a "tunnel" from that house leading to a "room" under the holy circle of pillars in the NW.
Second of all, I noticed a folder in the IWD directory called "override" and it contains area maps and various dialogue for characters and such. Some of the character dialogue is from Lower Dorn, and i see two ".itm" files. One is Boot01.itm, the other is Potn41.itm.. there's also a Wtdoor2.bcs... so it all looks very suspicious to me.
Old 12-14-2000, 09:24 AM   #10
dragonslayer
Manshoon

If you take the time to go through Infinity Explorer and look at the map you would see there are no other entrances than from the area with Rhino Beetles and the room that you can rest in. Also there are no containers whatsoever.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote