Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-21-2001, 10:43 PM   #11
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

John D, I heard the same thing this evening. It was a great speech! Probably the best he ever gave. Did he shed a tear at the end? It looked to me like he did. If you like polish, then listen to Bill clinton, but to me, he never seemed genuine. Bush on the other hand isn't as good a speaker, but he seems always to be genuine.

I agree that he seems older, but name a president that didn't seem to grow much older in office. Clinton seemed to age before our eyes (or maybe he just quit dying his hair).

Who's watching the telethon for the victims tonight? Alos did anyone see that the Louisana Maximum Security Prisoners raised $11,000 dollars for the victim's families! I can't belive how we have all come together here! Unbelievable three weeks ago!!! To bad it had to come at the hands of a terrorist! That S.O.B.!!!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?

[This message has been edited by Sir Taliesin (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-21-2001, 10:54 PM   #12
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Bush definitely looks like he has aged quite a bit since January. That has got to be one of the most high-stress jobs there is, leading a country. Thankless, too...*sigh*

------------------

I know who you are...I saw what you did!
Old 09-21-2001, 10:57 PM   #13
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

You got that right Saz!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-21-2001, 11:05 PM   #14
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
John D, I heard the same thing this evening. It was a great speech! Probably the best he ever gave. Did he shed a tear at the end? It looked to me like he did. If you like polish, then listen to Bill clinton, but to me, he never seemed genuine. Bush on the other hand isn't as good a speaker, but he seems always to be genuine.

I agree that he seems older, but name a president that didn't seem to grow much older in office. Clinton seemed to age before our eyes (or maybe he just quit dying his hair).

Who's watching the telethon for the victims tonight? Alos did anyone see that the Louisana Maximum Security Prisoners raised $11,000 dollars for the victim's families! I can't belive how we have all come together here! Unbelievable three weeks ago!!! To bad it had to come at the hands of a terrorist! That S.O.B.!!!
Sir Taliesin Are who sure you're not from BAMA

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-22-2001, 12:15 AM   #15
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Sorry, I have to agree with Staralfur here.

Maybe it's the speech teacher in me, but Bush hurts my ears. Mind you, I consider myself a Republican and a Bush supporter. But when I heard him doing press conferences earlier in the week, he was just plain awful. I wish he'd take a cue from Reagan and know what the reporter's questions were beforehand.

This speech was very well-written, but to me it definitely sounded like a speech writer or two had a major role in forming the speech.

I don't consider myself an authority on the subject, but I did take a graduate course studying Presidential speeches. It depends on the president. Some use speech writers extensively, some hardly at all. Reagan used them a lot. Kennedy hardly at all. I'm not sure where Bush, Jr. falls in line. I'd have to research it to know for sure.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 09-22-2001, 12:23 AM   #16
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I agree with Sir T and John D (hey they ryhmes) . He seemed genuine to me. Bill Cilton or Al Gore I dont think would have done near a good of a job Bush is doing.

He seemed Severled Pissed off.

THE BUSH IS A BURNIN'!!

sorry, ever sence he wa president I wanted to say that..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.