Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 02:37 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

SPOILER
..OK, first I want to know, when the guy in BG walks up to you and says his partner has poisoned you, and that the only way he can help you is if you get rid of his gaei or something like that, do you really die in 10 days? Also, if you do die in the 10 days he gives you, is there any way you can get the tome of wisdom back from that umberlee priestess? Finally, the one that is getting me REALLY aggrivated, I can't find that tavern, I can't spell it out but it is the Splurgeon Sergeon or something like that. Where is it? I've searched practically all of Baldur's Gate looking for that stupid piece of sh*t, and I can't find it anywhere! I spent at least 5 hours last night looking for it, and 2 days in game-time! Where is it?

[This message has been edited by Nanobyte (edited 06-21-2001).]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

I've never had that guy tell me i'm gonna die, but there was a post that said u don't die a while back. About the Splurging Surgeon, if u can hang on till Friday, i have a map of BG @ my dads and I'll look for it. I can't remember it off the top of my head.

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 03:54 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You can kill the Umberlee priestess to get the book back. You wont loose any rep.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:03 PM   #4
Mel
The Magister

Sorry to get in ahead of Lioness here but I thought you might like to know that the Splurging Sturgeon is in the east of the upper city, south of the Blushing Mermaid. I'm getting this off a map, having not been to BG yet, so maybe someone can give a more precise location.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 04:07 PM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

A-OK, Mel! I would've forgotten anyway
BTW, come one, come all to my party in GD!

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 05:04 PM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

you don;t need to give the tome to her in the first place - simply pickpocket the scroll you need from her.
dimon37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 09:19 PM   #7
Volourn
Manshoon

Actually, you can die to the poison. I know, b/c it happened to me. It's a good thing I had a prior save to fix my mistake of ignoring the warning! So make sure you solve this geas problem of his - if you know what's good for you!

GO DWARVES GO!

------------------
"That didn't hurt!" - Volourn Honourblade after the red dragon breathed on him for 75% of his hp.
Volourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 10:15 PM   #8
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I too died. I was within seconds of getting the antidote too! I unfortuately didn't have a save I could use. I had to start all over again! A tip might be that onvce you enter Baldurs gate, immediately do a special save, so you can go back and pick it up again. That's what I do now. I almost through the game away when it happened.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Sir Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 02:29 AM   #9
Loch Ness Monster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ive got the same problem, except i cant find the blushing mermaid (and thus marek - Where is it?
also if you get the geas removal scroll of the preist then tell her you dont have the book she attacks you.
THE LOCH NESS MONSTER
Loch Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 06:38 AM   #10
Lord Shield

..OK, first I want to know, when the guy in BG walks up to you and says his partner has poisoned you, and that the only way he can help you is if you get rid of his gaei or something like that, do you really die in 10 days?
Yes you do. And if you kill the poisoner before talking to him, there is a bug where you die anyway after that time (all characters explode)
Also, if you do die in the 10 days he gives you, is there any way you can get the tome of wisdom back from that umberlee priestess?
Just kill her - that's what I did
Finally, the one that is getting me REALLY aggrivated, I can't find that tavern, I can't spell it out but it is the Splurgeon Sergeon or something like that. Where is it? I've searched practically all of Baldur's Gate looking for that stupid piece of sh*t, and I can't find it anywhere! I spent at least 5 hours last night looking for it, and 2 days in game-time! Where is it?
North-East quadrant of Baldur's Gate - you need to enter from top central sector. Splurging Sturgeon is on west side near bottom of that half of the sector

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html