Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2001, 09:47 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

I am stumped! I simply cannot understand my wife's abilities or any woman's abilities, for that matter. It's not that I think I could understand women but my wife has mystified me. You see, frequently when I go down to my shop to work and have just spent several mintues setting every thing up, she will call to me and ask for help. Usually I'm getting ready to do something that requires my prolonged presence so either I make her wait 20-40 minutes or I put everything down and go help her. So like a dutiful husband and perhaps a dolt, I put everything down and go help her. Once I take care of her need (i.e. moving furnature - which requires a whole different thread....hmmm) I go back to my shop, recheck all of my settings, pick up my tool(s), get ready to begin, and.....then she calls for help a second time. So like a dutiful husband and perhaps a dolt, I put every thing down again and off I go. Her ability to interupt and frustrate my progess multiple times, just as I'm on the verge of begining, has me baffled. To clarify, I'm not baffled by the interuption of my work but by the fact that she knows exactly when I'm about to begin working. And she is in a completely different part of the house.

How do you women do this? Is this a product of a torture techniques class women take in college?

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 09:53 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhh otp.. stirring up dissent again, eh? shame shame! *bat bat of lashes over hazel eyes* I think it's a gift, an inborn talent! You just aren't getting the timing right.. you should do all that dirty ol'woodworking stuff while she's having a hot bubble bath and wants to be left alone!

Oh.. btw, I still need those cabinets!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 09:59 PM   #4
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

Yeah, Yeah, yeah. You're (presumably) a southern belle who wouldn't fare our Minnesota climate very well. For now I feel safe. So do tell!

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:02 PM   #5
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Yeah, Yeah, yeah. You're (presumably) a southern belle who wouldn't fare our Minnesota climate very well. For now I feel safe. So do tell!
Not even under the threat of 'tickle torture'!!! (any offers????)

------------------

Mage extraordinair.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

Old 09-28-2001, 10:07 PM   #6
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Ahhh otp.. stirring up dissent again, eh? shame shame! *bat bat of lashes over hazel eyes* I think it's a gift, an inborn talent! You just aren't getting the timing right.. you should do all that dirty ol'woodworking stuff while she's having a hot bubble bath and wants to be left alone!

Oh.. btw, I still need those cabinets!

Cloudy

Stirring up dissent? Why CloudSparkle, I would never do such a thing! To suggest that I would stoop to that level. I am deeply wounded. What's this running down my cheek? A tear? Now look what you have gone a done. I falling to pieces......hmmm....pieces.....I wonder what ever happened to that egg revolution I tried to orchestrate over at MH? HAHAHAHAHA their leaders never saw it coming. Too bad we didn't have any guillotines around...or at least a few pies. Hmmm......huh....oh....now where was I....oh yeah.....I AM NOT A RABBLE ROUSER!!!

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:08 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
I am stumped! I simply cannot understand my wife's abilities or any woman's abilities, for that matter. It's not that I think I could understand women but my wife has mystified me. You see, frequently when I go down to my shop to work and have just spent several mintues setting every thing up, she will call to me and ask for help. Usually I'm getting ready to do something that requires my prolonged presence so either I make her wait 20-40 minutes or I put everything down and go help her. So like a dutiful husband and perhaps a dolt, I put everything down and go help her. Once I take care of her need (i.e. moving furnature - which requires a whole different thread....hmmm) I go back to my shop, recheck all of my settings, pick up my tool(s), get ready to begin, and.....then she calls for help a second time. So like a dutiful husband and perhaps a dolt, I put every thing down again and off I go. Her ability to interupt and frustrate my progess multiple times, just as I'm on the verge of begining, has me baffled. To clarify, I'm not baffled by the interuption of my work but by the fact that she knows exactly when I'm about to begin working. And she is in a completely different part of the house.

How do you women do this? Is this a product of a torture techniques class women take in college?

Sounds to me like she can't get enough of your presence to me

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:11 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Stirring up dissent? Why CloudSparkle, I would never do such a thing! To suggest that I would stoop to that level. I am deeply wounded. What's this running down my cheek? A tear? Now look what you have gone a done. I falling to pieces......hmmm....pieces.....I wonder what ever happened to that egg revolution I tried to orchestrate over at MH? HAHAHAHAHA their leaders never saw it coming. Too bad we didn't have any guillotines around...or at least a few pies. Hmmm......huh....oh....now where was I....oh yeah.....I AM NOT A RABBLE ROUSER!!!

SURE you are! A mighty fine one, I may add! Just looking for eggcitement,eh? uh.. guillotines? eeeeef.. er. .I'm not a leader there.. just a mod.. yup.. a LOOOOOOOOOWLY mod.. no leaders here... *backs out quickly*

CloudDazzler

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-28-2001, 10:12 PM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Not even under the threat of 'tickle torture'!!! (any offers????)

Hmmmm....I have been baited. I can do better than that! I have one very slobbery German Sheppard who would love to show her affection via a very thorough licking. Hmmmm....a slobber coated Southern Belle....now that is an interesting thought.

------------------
Old 09-28-2001, 10:14 PM   #10
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Hmmmm....I have been baited. I can do better than that! I have one very slobbery German Sheppard who would love to show her affection via a very thorough licking. Hmmmm....a slobber coated Southern Belle....now that is an interesting thought.
LOL!!! EEEeeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!! Dog slobber!!!!

------------------

Mage extraordinair.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*