Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 10:15 AM   #11
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Actually I'm with Debiler on the whole "she's a 20+ yr old whiner".... I'd give the same age to Aerie ('cos any other option is too scary to think about - "what, I slept with someone a century old.... oh my god....."
Old 06-08-2001, 10:56 AM   #12
Vampire

Cernd and Keldorn probably old looking at their poor strength and dexterity.
Minsc probably same age as player character.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:00 AM   #13
Shadowblade
The Magister

Jabidas get the damn picture off screen it's so annoying it makes me feel sick

------------------
We are leeds, we are LEEDS,WE ARE LEEDS
WELCOME TO RUSSIA!
Old 06-08-2001, 11:05 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Youself, Imoen and Sarevok are all around 21. All the children were concieved at roughly the same time.
Minsc- Would be a few years older than your pc probably. He's on his dajama to prove his adult hood
Jahiera- 25-28 maybe. She's referred to as young woman yet is a respected member of the harpers and has done a lot of travelling.
Mazzy-mid twenties
Nalia- 19 or 20
Cernd- 30. He has a family and seems very adult.
Keldorn- 45-50. His stats have started to deteriate from age. Has several children of our primary school age.
Kurrgan- Adult for a dwarf so around 100-150 human years.
Jan- Knew Lyssa when he was young so around 50 to 60 human years. Not sure how long lived gnomes are.
Viconia- 50 ish probably. Seems young for an elf and from her stories it's clear she didn't live amognst her people for a long time.
Anomen- early tewnties, he's not a full knight yet.
Edwin- 40-45.
Haer Dalis- early twenties. Still youthful in looks and behaviour
Yoshimo- 28-30.
Aerie. Sorry to disappoint you but I think Aerie is one of the older characters. She thinks of her home fondly so she probably spent a lot of time there before being captured. She also says something to Jahiera in one of their arguments like "I'm probably a lot older than you." when Jahiera calls her a young girl.
As for our characters learning so much, look at all the adventures they've been on and things they've killed to get to level 20 or whatever they are. The other characters in BG2 have been very busy just to get to level 8 when you consider all that you had to do in Bg1 to get to that level. Most people in Faerun don't go on country spanning adventures, killing monsters by the thousands so it takes them many years to advance to a level that it took your PC a few months to reach. None of the NPCS are really adventurers by trade. I don't know how Nalia reached level 8 living in a castle. What would she have killed? Lots of lock picking I guess. Never mind the experience you have at the end of Bg2. You have killed several dragons, dozens of beholders and a whole city of Mind Flayers. More than most adventurers. That's why there are very few warriors of your level around. Even Drizzt and co are pretty low level as they haven't done as much adventureing or killed as many big creatures as our groups have. Our BG2 groups are probably the most active adventuring party ever. AS for the munchkin he is a multi class fighter/cleric/mage so he's done what you've done in BG2 and more three times over. He doesn't do things for others either so he misses out on that experience.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:06 AM   #15
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

Considering that the main character was first level at the start of BG1 which way only about a year ago, and is maybe 18th level and 20 years old by the end of BG2. That puts the PC at level 540 by age 50 and level 1000 by age 75. What has that git Elminster been doing all those years?

------------------
Evil around every corner. Be careful not to step in it!

Sherpa Doug
Old 06-08-2001, 02:00 PM   #16
Leagle
Manshoon

You guys didn't listen to anything I said, (ok, read) did you!

You are 20 in Baldur's gate. Imoen is only slightly youger. Sarevok a bit older. It is now the year after this.

Minsc, older, but he is still young. Mid/early 20's.
Edwin. 30+, not 40.
Keldorn is 40.
Cernd about 30-36. Stats deteriorate at 36, after the prime at about 30.
Jaheira is 23.

Gnomes live a long time. Elves become adults at about 110 in DnD. Viconia is almost certainly older than Aerie, we can gather she is still quite young though, she is also very naieve sometimes.

Read my earlier posts. The stuff in itallics is solid fact, it is the elves, (not Viconia) + Gnomes I do not know exactly. Haer'Delis looks like a half-elf tiefling, he is older than you, but not very. (30 maybe?)

Old 06-08-2001, 07:25 PM   #17
jabidas
Silver Dragon

YOu dont like my picture Shadowblade? aw well go tell it to someone who gives a shit.

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 09:41 PM   #18
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Obviously, demi-humans have different lifespans than humans, so the actual age will be much higher for them. But if you adjust each age for it's life expectancy, here is the list of oldest to youngest (I think, with their equivilant human age.

1. Keldorn 50
2. Korgan 45-50
3. Jan 45-50
4. Cernd 35-40
5. Edwin 35-40
6. Valygar 30-35
7. Minsc 25-30
8. Jaheira 25-30
9. Aerie 25-30
10. Viconia 25-30
11. Mazzy 25-30
12. Yoshimo 20-25
13. Nalia 20-25
14. Anomen 20-25
15. Haer Dalis 20-25
16. Imoen 21

As you can see, most of them are around 30, a good median age. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Old 06-09-2001, 08:28 AM   #19
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Oh thanks to all of u for your replies! It´s such great fun debating about things that lead to nothing, right?

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 06-09-2001, 10:28 AM   #20
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry we somehow upset you Leagle. At least allow people their own opinions. I hope you read what I said as I took a long time to write that and I thought I backed up my theories. How do you know the exact ages of some of the characters? With hindsight I'd say Viconia is probably slightly older than Aerie but not by much, Aerie is only naive and innocent because she was sheltered, same as Nalia. Viconia and Jahiera seem older because they have lived in the real world a long time and have had to deal with hardship. Edwin probably would be around 35, he looks too good after reading the nether scroll to be 45. Sarevok I think at most would only be one year older than yourself, all the children would have to have been concieved in a limited time.