Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 03:56 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

I was wondering if I should dump Minsc level 20 in my party for Sarevok,
in comparison he does have the better STATS plus like what 5 stars for a double handed sword (hehe the silver sword wielded by him?! [img]redface.gif[/img] )
But he is at a lower level, is Chaotic Evil will so he abandon me party in next to no time at all, since I am already Heroic rep (20)
Minsc is more versatile tho i think cos is a ranger with a racial enemy, stealth, can beserk plus other abilities + cast monor spells...whereas Sarevok is just a FIGHTER.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:14 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you play more for powergaming, Sarevock blows Minsc out of the water.

If you prefer to roleplay more, just touch your heart and honestly decide who would your character choose.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 AM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

If you are looking at diversity, he can be dualled to a thief(Sarevok), you might like that as well (you'll get XP quick enough in ToB)
Old 09-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I like Sarevok. And also I can make Sarevok good during the ToB. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Sarevok's just DA MAN in Throne of Bhaal! The first game I took him with me, he immediately got the most kills in my party! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hats down for Big S.!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Sarevok's just DA MAN in Throne of Bhaal! The first game I took him with me, he immediately got the most kills in my party! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hats down for Big S.!
I agree whole-threadly. He is DA men for two reasons. He rocks as a person and he has Deathbringer Assault aka DA. [img]smile.gif[/img]

He can really kill anything with certain Halberd...
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM   #7
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Take Sarevok. Rep doesn't make your party members leave in TOB. They'll occasionally make the unhappy sounds but they won't leave. Sarevok's stats are far superior to Minsc's and he can use some of the most damaging weapons in TOB to great effect. He also sounds cooler, looks cooler, and has a sweet special ability.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:40 PM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sarevok is most definately better than Minsc, period. Besides, I find Minsc's stealth useless since I like to equip him with plate armor, taking away the stealth option. So if I put him in stealth, and end up taking him into a fight, I won't be able to put his armor back on till the fight's over/you leave the area. And Sarevok doesn't need a certain little halbred to kill just about anything...he'd do it anyway .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:57 PM   #9
Devv
The Magister

I specced Minsc to dual wield rather than use a 2 handed sword and he rocks even in powergaming terms. Sarevok is the better with a 2 hander of course, but Minsc is set up proficiency wise to dual wield and if that's how you use him, he certainly competes with Sarevok. Both are decent tanks, Sarevok has that cool deathbringer assult which is very nice when it fires off, Minsc gets Bezerk and charm animal along with his priest spells. Stealth too if you need him to go scout with a bow and some leather armour on.

It comes down to which one you prefer personality wise. Minsc is the obvious choice if you are good with 20 rep if you wanted to roleplay. He is very cool too in my opinion Sarevok is cool in that evil, selfish, dont give a s**t kind of way but Minsc is the closest you could get to a Bezerk, Ranger, Paladin in attitude.

I take Minsc along if I am roleplaying good and Sarevok if I am indulging my evil side

[ 09-05-2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Devv ]
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:49 PM   #10
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Hmmm, actually I don't think that Minsc was supposed t ouse two weapons since in BG1 he starts with a 2 handed sword and in BG2, he has ** in 2 handed swords. The dual wielding stars are only there because he is a ranger so they don't need to be used. (It's sort of like if you're an archer. Obviously you're going to be using a bow of sorts and not dual weilding weapons...)