Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2003, 07:53 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

As some of you might know, i tried to install the Solafein mod, and it backfired. SoA is up and running, but here's the prob.

Put in ToB disc, press install. Do you want to UNinstall, why not haven't got anywhere, so I press YES. ToB uninstalls. Do you want to uninstall SoA yes.

Then it says there is an error, and it turns out that ToB is not removed, but I can't access it.

Any help would be appreciated.

DS

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:58 PM   #2
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

you may use the remove software feature of windows.
i don't get what your problem is ... do you want to remove ToB, SoA and the solaufein mod ? first of all you have to uninstall solaufein mod via solasetup.exe.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:11 PM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

If you have not patched ToB yet, DO it. The original version screws up your registry, had the same problem. It did work again after I used some registry cleaning programs.. had to delete the backups too...
Old 07-22-2003, 07:28 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

I think you will have to reinstall SoA (If it runs you might be OK, but I know ToB uninstall does damage SoA and I dont know specificaly how, so I make no garauntees either way. Its always safer to do the install from scratch though) and then install ToB.

If the installer tries to claim SoA or ToB are already installed when they arent, you can run setup.exe straight from the CD and that should work.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:47 PM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Bear in mind the game doesn't understand the following:
"install" "uninstall" and "work".
Yeah, I want to get rid of it all and put it back on. Maybe minus Sola. I'll do that when I get to it, and when my dad isn't in such a lousy mood...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote