Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 AM   #111
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: World cup

I wouldnt count on that, my money is on Brazil, or else Argentina.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #112
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

It's turning out to be a re-run of WW2. The French and Italians have surrendered early, the Yanks didn't turn up till the last minute and England are left to fight the Germans!

D
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #113
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post
It's turning out to be a re-run of WW2. The French and Italians have surrendered early, the Yanks didn't turn up till the last minute and England are left to fight the Germans!

D
Exept this time there won't be a happy ending.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #114
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post

D
You noticed that the the germans where also wearing black uniforms in the last game, just like the last time they tried to conquer the world

I can hear the england fans right now singing ----- "two world wars and one world cup do da do da do da day"!!!!!!!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #115
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
You noticed that the the germans where also wearing black uniforms in the last game, just like the last time they tried to conquer the world

I can hear the england fans right now singing ----- "two world wars and one world cup do da do da do da day"!!!!!!!
I'm afraid you won't hear any fans singing at all...vuvuzela's...remember?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #116
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellard View Post
Fully deserve to be there too. France / Italy out and USA and Japan sail through to the next rounds - maybe the old euro / south america domination is failing

I wouldn't say South American domination is failing, they've had four of the best looking teams in this WC in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. Only Paraguay has looked ordinary, and they topped their group.

The Euro teams that went out deserved to by a ) playing like shyte and b ) not planning for the future and looking too tired and old. The ones that are still in however (other than England) have looked good (e.g. Portugal, Spain after an early hiccup, Germany). Holland haven't looked great but they've been winning which is the important thing when you're not in the best of form. Sneijer looks good though.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #117
wellard
Dracolisk

Well the USA are out - I had mixed feeling about that result - great for an African team to progress but sad the USA run is over, i wanted the USA to do really well.

Looks like i might stay up all night to watch the England / Germany match - anybody putting a bet on the Germs beating England on penalties?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #118
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yea, bad luck for the Seppos but they just didn't play well enough. Two lapses of concentration and the Ghanaians made them pay both times. I thought they looked most dangerous just after halftime when they came out full of intent and Dempsey and Feilhaber were doing all the running. But they closed up after the goal and the chances they did create didn't get put away, Findlay and Altidore missing sitters!! Conversely Ghana had a lot less chances than the US did but they took what they had.

Bad luck but that's football, they tried hard but the second goal was a killer and they were never going to come back from there.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #119
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Capello Capello, how can such a merited manager make so poor decisions?? Exit UK, a deserved one at that.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #120
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There goes England.

England's defense was bad, as usual the wings was non existance, Milner is just too slow and can't really cross the ball. Lampard and Gerrard central partnership just doesn't work again, how many times have I said that throughout the years? Rooney was poor, again....

I've no idea what Capello see in Heskey. Joe Cole didn't produce much, so much for people screaming for Capello to play him.

If Lampard goal was counted it might have change the game, I think. Perhaps this is another call to FIFA to start using video technology?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote