Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 05:56 AM   #21
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Andrewas, it doesn't show 0x0039, it shows mostly 0x00A6 and 0x0127.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:13 AM   #22
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

i assure you i used the holy avenger with an evil character as i never play SoA without ToB.

you think all other good tears are better ones ? no. i know this is the SoA forum but if we talk about the tears of bhaal we have to take a look on what they really provide for ToB.

pride : good = immune to +1 and nonemagical weapons
evil = +2 CON, 22k xp, some good stuff
sounds like evil is better one. even stupid orks got +2 weapons in ToB. only minor affect of good tear

greed : good = 10% MR
evil = -2 AC, blackrazor
equal ... some prefer MR and don't have a partymember for blackrazor. still, evil tear offers the best weapon (to me) and you can create a tank with AC-20 with this reward.

selfishness : good = +2 saving throws, -2 hp, -75k xp, -1 DEX
evil = +15 hp
well ... i don't see where the advantage for goodness is. let's say your character is lvl 18 finishing the game (though this is really low at this point). all classes got already low ST now as well as some ST lowering stuff. you will always fail to save rolling a natural 1 on a d20 so the good "reward" is nearly nothing. oh and there are some tricks to prevent your teammate from dying.

fear : good = 20% elemental resistances (except water/acid)
evil = 200k xp, cloak of bravery
a point for the goodies.

wrath : good = +1 WIS and CHA
evil = +1 STR, +1 primary attribute
depends on your PC class, so i count it equal.

in the end i think evil wins. sounds logical as you get the tears of an EVIL god.

now to the help of some organizations. what did they do except stealing xp and getting hit ? there is no reward (xplike) to call for help. ok, quite nice to fight with them but if you really need help with this fight you must have missed a lot xp or your NPC's are lame, maybe your stuff is. i never needed help there.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:23 AM   #23
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloodtitan:
selfishness : good = +2 saving throws, -2 hp, -75k xp, -1 DEX
evil = +15 hp
well ... i don't see where the advantage for goodness is. let's say your character is lvl 18 finishing the game (though this is really low at this point). all classes got already low ST now as well as some ST lowering stuff. you will always fail to save rolling a natural 1 on a d20 so the good "reward" is nearly nothing. oh and there are some tricks to prevent your teammate from dying.
Yea, but for those who don't know, you're screwed (espcecially when they pick my main mage or cleric). Besides, it's only 2 hp and some experience, it's not exactly life threatening or topples your power in the game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 05:28 AM   #24
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Andrewas, it doesn't show 0x0039, it shows mostly 0x00A6 and 0x0127.
Odd. Ill CLUA to that point later and have a look.

IN any case, the effect your looking for will be single, it only gets applied once.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:43 AM   #25
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

That's alright Andrewas, I've already finished the game through ToB so it's not a neccesity anymore. Thanks anyway.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:46 PM   #26
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

uhm actually a mage is the easiest one to save ... contingency is a great spell at this point.