Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-03-2001, 09:10 AM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

I decided to go straight to SoA instead of through ToSC. I wanted to know if there is a good reason to keep Jaheira. I assume I can import all BG characters into BGII. Jaheira was my weakest link. she did some fighting but was really more of a walking hospital. Shes severely limited in weapons as a Druid, and her spells are pretty weak, too. as a multi class, she advances slowly. I thought of getting rid of her. Would you suggest keeping her when I start the game, and why?

If not, what are my early options of NPC's and which did you like using?

Old 09-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #2
Rikard

I'm sorry but..
only Minsc, Jaheira, Edwin, Viconia and Imoen are gonna be in SoA
Which i really dislike as I rewally liked Kivan

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

My main character is a fighter and my party is

1-Nalia:Best good-aligned mage in game specially with her short bow and thievery skills but I like her for her sexy skirt. But if your main character is a mage, take Keldorn or Valygar for Nalia.
2-Anomen:Great good-aligned cleric, he's a dual class so he advances level fast and he can be GM in hammer,mace,flail. Also his STR is 18/52. Very though for a cleric.
3-Minsc: I like him, he's funny and though, also he is specialized in dual wielding and more over he can be master in dual wielding.
4-Jan:Great thief with his special items and skills and also he makes you LOL

As 5th character you can have Jaheira or Aerie. I picked Aerie because she's so cute and her romance is very enjoying also she's a good spellcaster with her spell quantity. But her HP is low and she's weak in melee but I use her in ranged combat.

For Jaheira, she's got a romance also and her INSECT PLAGUE spell is wonderful. If you want a druid in your party and also fighting abilities she can be a good choice. Give her a girdle of hill giant strength and she will be a good fighter.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Actually....you DON'T get to import your NPCs from BG to BG2:SoA. However, in the beginning of BG2:SoA you will be given the option to have Imoen, Minsc, and/or Jaheria joining your party. As for Jaheria, she is one of the better NPCs in the game as druid's higher level spells are pretty powerful, in addition being a fighter/druid she can both tank and cast spells (her stats are decent relative to other NPCs). So I would suggest you to reconsider at the start of BG2:SoA, especially since this is the first time you play it.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:00 AM   #5
TrueBuckeye
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Jaheria...she has two spells that I live off of, insect plague and summong fire elemental. She also can raise dead, which I have found all too useful.