Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 02:04 PM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Mono, ô wise one, maybe you will be able to answer this : Is love a matter of looking each other into the eyes, or is it both looking in the same direction ? 'Cause managing both seems kinda difficult ...

Big Chuckle & grin! That's a good one!

DawnChaser,
LOL! Thanks for adding that one!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 03:02 PM   #12
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Always welcome. As an avid reader, one of my favorites was the Reader's Digest. There is a column in there called "Laughter, the Best Medicine." That is pretty much my stand on jokes and humor. Levity, jokes and humorous anecdotes are great for enhancing people's moods, and are my chosen method of communication.

Thank you for your post, as usual.

"I am drawing up the plans for my new home under your window. I will get them to you as soon as the estimates for the fairy dust ballroom are finalized. Those fairies love to dance!"

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 03:16 PM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
Always welcome. As an avid reader, one of my favorites was the Reader's Digest. There is a column in there called "Laughter, the Best Medicine." That is pretty much my stand on jokes and humor. Levity, jokes and humorous anecdotes are great for enhancing people's moods, and are my chosen method of communication.

Thank you for your post, as usual.

"I am drawing up the plans for my new home under your window. I will get them to you as soon as the estimates for the fairy dust ballroom are finalized. Those fairies love to dance!"

Dawnchaser,

The jokes in Reader's Digest is all I ever read when I come across a copy!
I love them! I Love to laugh!!

Counterpoint,
I'll be sure to include room for your new home in the garden under my window!
Will be looking forward to having you here! I guess that means I need to start hunting down those dragonflies for your "Welcome to the Neighborhood" Goody Basket!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 03:34 PM   #14
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Moiraine, you are still around ! Thanks, you just made my day just by "showing up" !

Ramon ! Great to see you !

Yes, I haven't been around much lately, because June is the last month before the Summer holidays, so I have been busy busy busy. At work, because half of the people go in vacation in July, the other half in August, so it is meeting frenzy. At home too, for I have a kid, so there is the judo competition, the judo graduation, the piano concert, the piano exam, the school party, the inscription to Summer camp, the inscription to medium school for next year ... plus the Birthday party, since I have been dumb enough to have him born in June.
So I won't be around much until July, but then, I will be back with a vengeance !

Ramon, about that online dictionary ... I didn't forget, but my husband has been busy as hell, and mostly away, so he kept forgetting I asked - can it wait until July ? Kid will be away and customers will be in vacation, so he will have a less hectic life by then.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 06-15-2001, 03:40 PM   #15
Charean
Hathor

One of my favorites... Needed some silliness today!! (Loved yours by the way, Moni and DawnChaser - thought I would pull my own weight in the joke dept - remember when I did those threads?)

The worried housewife sprang to the telephone when it rang and listened with relief to the kindly voice in her ear.
"How are you, darling?" it said. "What kind of a day are you having?"
"Oh, mother," said the housewife, breaking into bitter tears, "I've had such a bad day. The baby won't eat and the washing machine broke down. I haven't had a chance to go shopping, and besides, I've just sprained my ankle and I have to hobble around. On top of that, the house is a mess and I'm supposed to have two couples to dinner tonight."
The mother was shocked and was at once all sympathy. "Oh, darling," she said, "sit down, relax, and close your eyes. I'll be over in half an hour. I'll do your shopping, clean up the house, and cook your dinner for you. I'll feed the baby and I'll call a repairman I know who'll be at your house to fix the washing machine promptly. Now stop crying. I'll do everything. In fact, I'll even call George at the office and tell him he ought to come home and help out for once."
"George?" said the housewife. "Who's George?"
"Why, George! Your husband!....Is this 223-1374?
"No, this is 223-1375."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I have the wrong number."
There was a short pause and the housewife said, "Does this mean you're not coming over?"

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-15-2001, 05:13 PM   #16
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Even busier than usually aren't you, sweet Moiraine !

Well, then I can understand why you are here less frequently than usually, which is a shame, of, course. But the most important thing now is that I know that my fear that you had left altogether was unfounded: this forum without you would be completely unthinkable !

Don't worry, I have finished that monster translation job in the meantime and also found a rather good online dictionary myself. But as more of the same will be coming my way, hopefully a little easier ones though, I would still be interested in Luc's recommendation. After all, his suggestions might just turn out to be even better than the one I found. But obviously that is far less urgent now.

Take care !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-15-2001, 11:02 PM   #17
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Just some funnies that showed up in my e-mail:

ROMANCE MATHEMATICS
Dumb man + smart woman = marriage

Now wait a minute!

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-15-2001, 11:15 PM   #18
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Now wait a minute!

Be glad I edited out the last one!!!

Dumb man + Dumb Woman = Pregnancy!

These aren't mine and if they were...if I were so smart, I would not have married worthless men and be single and broke right now!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 11:16 PM   #19
onthepequod
Quintesson

Allow me to make a few observations.

Quote:

SHOPPING MATH
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs. A woman will pay $1 for a $2
item that she doesn't need. (I love it how women "save money"!)
Yeah, but that $2 model lasts longer.

As for the way women "save money," I don't want to hear it. That's just a sore spot with me.

Quote:

GENERAL EQUATIONS & STATISTICS
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband. A man never
worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Based on this definition there are no successful men.

Quote:

MEMORY
Any married man should forget his mistakes, there's no use in two people
remembering the same thing.
Good point.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-15-2001, 11:21 PM   #20
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Be glad I edited out the last one!!!

Dumb man + Dumb Woman = Pregnancy!

These aren't mine and if they were...if I were so smart, I would not have married worthless men and be single and broke right now!

Moni

Ok, those are fighting words! But since I am so nice, I will make it easy on you and give up right now.

If you know whats good for you, you won't make me do that again!

------------------

onthepequod