Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #1
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I completed the warrior guild quest 1 with 2 of my warriors and was given the experience points and all for them but no advancement to level 2 in the guild. My Mage did her first quest and was given advancement in her guild. Is this a bug or is there something else I'm missing? I've been given the toad quest already but it still shows me at level 1.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jord413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
Kil'jaeden
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't think every quest gives a level advancement. Some just give experience (and maybe gold).
Kil'jaeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You should have gotten a GUILD level advancement (which is different than a character level advancement). Check your character screen and see what guild levels they are at. If they didn't get a guild level advancement the problem may be that you switched characters or did something else before letting the NPCs finish talking COMPLETELY! You MUST let them talk!!!

(very annoying but necessary)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've tried going back with both of my warriors to Smitty and he just tells me I haven't visited the toad camp yet. I can look in my journal and I see where I got the experience points and it says, Completed in red letters but I'm still level 1 Guild member. Now that I'm a paladin I'm already level 2 or 3 in the priests guild but can't get past level 1 in the warriors guild. I'm gonna go to the toads next and see what happens.

If I stopped him from talking how can I get him to give me full credit then? All he talks about is the toads.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well - I learned about this problem in my first game when I wasn't getting credit for my Paladin quest. That was back in October of 2000 so I'm rather rusty on this particular problem.

When you go back into the guild, they do not talk to you about the quest at all? (I would presume not if it is marked in your journal as completed).

Do you have a save from before taking the quest OR before returning to town to get credit having completed the quest? If you do, I would restore that game and do it again this time letting the NPCs run off at the mouth until done.

If you don't have a save game, you might consider resetting your adventures and being very careful next time through to let them talk talk talk.

There are only 7 guild levels total for all the guilds so you will have the opportunity to pick up levels in the other towns, but there are so many benefits to advancing in guild levels as quickly as possible that it may well be worthwhile redoing.

Wish I had some other ideas on what you might try as well.

Wyv
Old 03-06-2002, 01:00 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jord413:
I'm gonna go to the toads next and see what happens.

Re-reading this - have you ACTUALLY been to the Toad Villiage?? (not just talked to Mekdawa) If you haven't been there then you haven't completed the quest.

Wyv
Old 03-06-2002, 01:20 PM   #7
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, I haven't been to the toad village yet, so I don't expect full credit for that quest. The quest I haven't gotten full credit for is the Mon the Sculz quest. I killed him, went back to Smitty, he said congratulations here is some experience, etc. BUT he never said I was promoted. He gave me the toad quest but it still shows my journal as being Warrior Guild Level 1.

If I reset adventures do I lose credit for all the quests I've done? How about my status in all guilds and/or my other stats I've accumulated? Such as being a paladin, warlock, etc. I may redo it as I've really only been building up my levels. Haven't even been near the toads yet but my levels are going on quite nicely. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One other question, What's the point in studying ancient lore, artifacts, etc. Is there a place that explains these and a list of all the spells I can get? I've got about level 7 or 8 stone spells but don't know what spell to learn when I level. Descriptions would help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:21 PM   #8
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I did the whole toad village thing got the spear and the gold from the shaman, etc. I went back to the guild and was given credit for doing the quest. I was also told I got a guild upgrade. Now I'm Guild level 2 after completing the second quest. Shouldn't I be level 3 though. I figure this because I'm level 3 in the priest guild after doing only 2 quests...

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Jord413 ]

Old 03-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't get a free guild level- you did a quest maybe without knowing it.

The Armory Quests are:
Mon the Sculz
Toad Village
Sword of Mastus

Temple Quests are:
Mekdawa
Donation
Ring of Saints

When you reset adventures you keep your money and your class and most of your equipment but you loose quest items and guild levels. This early in the game, that isn't such a big deal.

If you check on your CD - you will find that there is a manual on the disk which should fill you in on descriptions for spells.

Also check the BEST TIPS thread!! There are lots of answers in that thread and lots of good tips. There is an index of sorts to help you just find the ones of interest and avoid some topics that you may not want spoiled. Also SEARCH is now working correctly so you can search all the posts for topics of interest.

Wyv
Old 03-06-2002, 07:17 PM   #10
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, lemme see if I get this correct then. When I join a guild I'm level 0, I complete the Mon Quest I'm level 1, I do the Toads I'm level 2, I do the sword, I'm level 3. Maybe I missed something all the way from the beginning thinking you joined a guild at level 1.

Sorry for the stupidity of my questions but I've only had the game for a few days and am trying to get used to everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.