Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2001, 09:06 PM   #11
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Sorry I haven't been around as much, I've been a bit busy since I got back. Anyway, as per request by Moridin, I'll release information about my excursion.

Saturday morning we all left (there was a total of 24 people on this trip) from here in Minneapolis for the Black Hills. That amounts to a 12 hour drive and that was really kinda boring. Things got real boring once we hit South Dakota (no offense to anyone from there, I'm just not to fond of corn fields ). After a while though, we hit the badlands which were kinda interesting, well not so much interesting as well.... bad. I was expecting some sort of huge, forboding terrain but all I can really say is that it's just bad. Lots of yellow, dry grass...

Anyways, we finally came to our destination, a camping ranch in the Black Hills. Well, we set up camp, had a little time to hang around and then we went to bed. Sunday morning, after breakfast and things, we all drove out to a park where there was a trail that went up into the Hills to a place called Harney Peak. It was a 3 mile hike with rugged terrain. Fortuneatly the weather was good. The hike wasn't too bad at first, but several seemed to think so (wimps! LOL) and they turned around at about 1/8 of the way in. Of the 24 that started out, 12 or 13 continued on from there. Well, after a while, the group sort of splintered into a couple groups (I was surprisingly in the lead group ). Once we reached the last leg of the trip, I started to lag behind a bit and I was alone, in between the two big groups. That last leg was REALLY hard, I almost didn't get to the top but I actually did make it.

The view from up there was spectacular! You could see for miles! I was completely astonished! We decided to stop and take a picture of all of us who made it. Then somebody decided to ask a rather simple question... How much water did we all have left? I had quite a bit, but everybody else was rather low, half a bottle or less in most cases, and some had absolutely none! We divvied (sp?) up the water we had left and headed down and almost immediately splintered into three groups. The big one which I had the temporary honor of leading, after heading down some ways, began to realize that none of the scenery was familiar. After checking the map, we discovered that we were on the wrong trail! Both trails would eventually lead back to where we wanted to go but we were trying to decide which trail would bring us back faster. Just then, one of the adult chaperones came literally running up the trail behind us. He decided that it would be best if we followed along the trail we were going on and we headed out. So here's the situation, we have very little water, we didn't know what the trail ahead was like, I had a blister on 2 of my toes, and it was kinda hot. After some time and a few turn arounds, we finally got back.

And yes this really DID happen LOL.

The rest of the trip was rather uneventful, spotted a couple of moose, saw a black bear from about a mile away, went to a rodeo (which was a lot of fun btw) and went to Yellowstone (which smelled quite bad).

Well, that's what happened, although I skipped a few details about my moose encounters .

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!
Old 08-27-2001, 09:16 PM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Jafin,

Sounds like you had a good time! Let me tell you I am really not fond of the drive from Mpls to the Black Hills!!! I attended University in Rapid City and for the last two years I was dating my now wife who attended Uni here at the UofM, so for two whole years I made that drive at least twice a month!

Hope you also got a chance to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Caves, Lead and Deadwood too!

Which camp were you staying at?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-27-2001, 09:25 PM   #13
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I stayed at the Rafter J Bar Ranch. I got to see Mt. Rushmore but that was the only well known place we went to. Also, I forgot to mention one TINY little thing.... the day after the hike into the black hills, we left for Wyoming and that's where the rest of those things happened. How'd I forget that?!?!?!

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!
Old 08-27-2001, 09:34 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Wow! Thanks for the post Jafin!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-27-2001, 10:39 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Welcome back, fellow inhabitant of the Hamlet and servant of the Dough Boy!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.