Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2002, 12:10 PM   #1
Tulle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where is the ring of wizardry (the one in the friendly arm inn)...ivé read its under a tree but like where in the map???? i´d appreciate some help...
\"Say hello to my little friend\"<br />- The Axethrower troops in Warcraft 2<br />\"I KNOW ITS NOT 3D!\"<br />- Artanis The Protoss, Starcraft Broodwar<br />\"MILLENNIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!\"<br />- Foul Ole Ron, Discworld Series<br />\"OH MY GOD,THEY KILLED KENNY!\"<br />- Various South Park Characters<br />\"Use the Force, Luke\"<br />- Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars<br />\"Dont throw up into the wind\"<br />- Human Captain on Destroyer,Warcraft 2
Tulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
Rolper
Dungeon Master

Spoiler alert!
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]]
]
]

Start at the gate to the Inn and work your way east, it's very small and very hard to spot but it seems to me that it is SE of the corner of the Inn (outside).
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
Tulle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks alot...ill post again if i get any problem...
\"Say hello to my little friend\"<br />- The Axethrower troops in Warcraft 2<br />\"I KNOW ITS NOT 3D!\"<br />- Artanis The Protoss, Starcraft Broodwar<br />\"MILLENNIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!\"<br />- Foul Ole Ron, Discworld Series<br />\"OH MY GOD,THEY KILLED KENNY!\"<br />- Various South Park Characters<br />\"Use the Force, Luke\"<br />- Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars<br />\"Dont throw up into the wind\"<br />- Human Captain on Destroyer,Warcraft 2
Tulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #4
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I have since checked out the area and have the X,Y co-ordinates if you need them.

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: Rolper ]

Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:45 AM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

There's also another one in Baldurs Gate in one of the houses to the south west of the flaming fist compound (up against the wall) but this one is worn by a nasty mage so be carefull [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2002, 06:42 PM   #6
enigma
The Magister

Location: Infinite Sea of Code Red, Canada every other weekend
FYI, the ring isn't there if you have the patched version, or have used another bug-fixing patch, or so I've been told. The one supposedly by the FA inn wasn't there in my game.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #7
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I didn´t have it either. First I thought it was the same as ring of holiness; because I couldn´t remember where I got it from, but now Im not so sure..
Old 02-27-2002, 12:21 PM   #8
Haladar
Dungeon Master

SPOILER
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
The ring of wizardy is at in the south-south-east segment of the FA (outside)under what seems to be a pine tree, next to a rock.

The other ring of wizardry is on the mage Sunin, where Downunda said.

The ring of wizardry doubles the number of 1st level spells you can memorize, for a mage, whereas the ring of holiness, which you get off mulahey at the end of the Nashkel mines gives 1 extra spell from levels 1-4, clerics only.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

But as was said, it has been removed from all patched versions, so chances of someone having it on their game is quite low.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:19 PM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Thought I had the latest patches etc... but if this is the case then I can't have, as both rings were in my game!
The patch I have (incl TotSC) is 1.1.4315
This is the latest that I could find so if someone has a later patch please post here to let me know where to download it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance............. Phil