Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 09:06 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

just feel like to know what you do with your money
this sounds like a low question and probally most people would avoid it simply because they know nothing about it, or they are frustrated to think about how much they missed, harsh, isnt it?

there are ways such as "play safe, start young and save" or "take a calculated risk" my view on this is: if you play safe, you will never be rich. this makes so much sense to me. the word "safe" here means invest in goverment bunds or just keep your income in bank and let the compound grow. it certainly has its point, yet it requires someone to start at a very early age. start saving at 20 is definately better than age 30. however, my goal is not to work till I retire. I wish to retire early and I wish to travel the world (with my love, of course!). I am willing to learn as much as I can about investment, and hopefully, my knowledge can help reduce the risk.

I know there must be other people who know a lot on this topic. don't be afraid to post, talking about money is not evil. shed your wisdom and we all will be benefited!
Old 09-03-2001, 09:17 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
just feel like to know what you do with your money
this sounds like a low question and probally most people would avoid it simply because they know nothing about it, or they are frustrated to think about how much they missed, harsh, isnt it?

there are ways such as "play safe, start young and save" or "take a calculated risk" my view on this is: if you play safe, you will never be rich. this makes so much sense to me. the word "safe" here means invest in goverment bunds or just keep your income in bank and let the compound grow. it certainly has its point, yet it requires someone to start at a very early age. start saving at 20 is definately better than age 30. however, my goal is not to work till I retire. I wish to retire early and I wish to travel the world (with my love, of course!). I am willing to learn as much as I can about investment, and hopefully, my knowledge can help reduce the risk.

I know there must be other people who know a lot on this topic. don't be afraid to post, talking about money is not evil. shed your wisdom and we all will be benefited!
I spend 25% of my money on gambling, 25% on drink and 25% on women. The rest I just waste!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-03-2001, 09:26 AM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Unfortunately if you want to invest, you have to have something TO invest!
Not a situation I have ever been in. Never mind, maybe one day!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 08:36 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Donut, if that is how you spend your money, then you are in trouble

Epona:

money is only an idea. the more you think it is real, the more you struggle against it. it does not take money to start making money. with the proper education, everyone is capable of generate lots of wealth. of course, the process takes many qualities to proceed. the key is your mind, which is the most powerful asset one can acquire.

work, learn, invest, lose, invest more, learn more, and grow rich. most people are afraid of losing, they whimp when it comes to money. they invent things such as "I dont care about money" or "I work because I love my job" you must know that one can love his job and making money at the same time. your mind is always the determining factor.

would any one of you here rely on goverment pay checks after you retire? or would you work to death? or, would you enjoy life based on financial independence? don't be trapped by things such as "I need money to invest" or "I dont know how to do it" or "I dont want to risk my money" once you start exsercize your brain, you will see so many opportunities that most people dont see. work your brain, and you can avoid the biggest trap that lay in front of you.

I think, financial independence is the base of all happiness. one cannot be happy if he has no food and had to live under other people's shelter. start right now, and you will be paid off for a life time.

some of the books I recommand to read is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyasoki, "As a Man Thinkth" by James Allen, "Think and Grow Rich"
you will get a hang of it once you understand the power of your mind
Old 09-03-2001, 09:20 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

so I take that no one is interested in the subject "money" here?
Yorick, is money evil? how do you handle your finance life? or you never thought of it?

is everyone content with his situation here? have you pictured your life 20 or 30 years later? will you be happy about it? no one worry about losing his job here? no one pays taxes here?
Old 09-04-2001, 04:50 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

so no one wants to be rich?

how about bill your savings to my credit card since you all hate money so much?
Old 09-04-2001, 05:12 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Donut, if that is how you spend your money, then you are in trouble

250 - there is humour in my post if you look for it

------------------

Old 09-04-2001, 05:16 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
250 - there is humour in my post if you look for it

what an idiot I am! but I really need some serious suggestions, sorry

Old 09-04-2001, 05:34 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
what an idiot I am! but I really need some serious suggestions, sorry

I would say that the first thing to sort out is a pension plan. Pretty boring and relatively safe but essential.

------------------

Old 09-04-2001, 06:28 AM   #10
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
so no one wants to be rich?

how about bill your savings to my credit card since you all hate money so much?
What savings? Where?
Seriously, as long as I have a roof over my head it will be OK.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."