Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-11-2003, 04:27 PM   #11
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

It think Gainax Prides itself in the fact that this Anime makes no since at all, Gainax usually does stuff like that (watching the end of Evangelion will have a similar effect)
Old 11-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #12
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
It think Gainax Prides itself in the fact that this Anime makes no since at all, Gainax usually does stuff like that (watching the end of Evangelion will have a similar effect)
Along with giving you a depressive phase and make your brain boil with trying to work out exactly what is going on. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Also, I noticed people make the simplest things have a hidden meaning...for example:

Hm...Asuka's room number is 303...oooh! In l33t speak that's EoE!! Gasp!!

...you get the picture...I mean, how on earth would the creator (forgot his name) know l33t?!?
Old 11-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
What do you mean, Gangrel? I think SD Gundam is kinda cute, in a strange kiddy show kinda way. I prefer Gundam Wing, over SD Gundam. I still remember when Toonami first started. It was all about Voltron, ThunderCats, and Johnny Quest. those were the days [img]smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't mind if they had actually completed the Kenshin series though. I never got to see the whole thing. Hopefully the Sunday night episodes will cover it. Then there's YuYu Hakusho, They get so close to the BIG fight in (I think its called the Darkworld Tournament?) oh well, whatever, but the point is, they get so far then they restart the series all over again.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 11-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Well, SD Gundam is alright, but I prefer the original series over all. I remember some of the old shows they used to have on, Sailor Moon, Tenchi, but I remember Reboot being one of my favorite ones when they reached the later episodes.

[ 11-11-2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 11-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

LOL the Creator did speak in L33t but it wasnt really l33t it was just upside down, Evangelion is HEAVILY layden with hidden messages, FOOLEY COOLEY however, is only filled with Anime References put in to make fun of the Anime Genre as a whole. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just look at the Lupin III, Gundam, and Otaku-No-Video references... Electric Guitars for Justice, for cryin' out loud! They even managed to make fun of Southpark in all of this, and I think that's just great.

This show stole my heart, it really did, I just down-right freakin' loved it and would have to call it the best Anime of all time because it isn't afraid to admit that you're watching an anime!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:02 AM   #16
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Quote:
Thats the reason most people dont like anime it makes no sense. But in Japan they look at it more as moving art in the leagues with the mona lisa.
Americans just see it as more racey cartoons with intresting plots and storylines. Also the end of eva is pretty damn weird.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:25 AM   #17
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
quote:
Thats the reason most people dont like anime it makes no sense. But in Japan they look at it more as moving art in the leagues with the mona lisa.
Americans just see it as more racey cartoons with intresting plots and storylines. Also the end of eva is pretty damn weird.
[/QUOTE]
Amen! The last EVA episode was truly awesome, it got me upside down on my chair! Anime is indeed for our western standards a little odd and sometimes even incoherent, but to me, that is wahat is so attractive about them. That and the dynamic cool animatons.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:19 PM   #18
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Oh yeah, the animations are cool, and usually of excellent quality (I pray I did not misunderstand [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). And I preferred the original ending (episode 25 & 26) than EoE, considering it is far more positive...EoE was plain depressing and wierd...but there are always fics, and my imagination... [img]smile.gif[/img]