Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-08-2001, 09:40 AM   #1
ingulf the mad

ok, is there any spell or object which can potect u from the above??? i have 2 psion potions left from the underdark. I rememeber struggling, but conquering the underdark den (except ressurrecting Minsc every 5 mins). But the last room in the sewer den is a pain ,i can not draw them out a couple (which was atactic which worked quite well in the underdark) at a time, i keep being slaughtered!

Old 02-08-2001, 09:55 AM   #2
RAISTLIN

Aside from the potion i am not sure. The tactic i used was haste, ranged weapons and monster summoning. I summoned a few monsters befor hand and made sure that they went where needed one at a time. Also if there is an umber hulk in the room the are susceptible to the web spell.
the only room that gave me serious trouble after that tactic was the main brain room. I lowered my standards here and became the slayer with many people continually healing me, even if i did not look like i needed it.
One last thing, i used the mind control rings and after i had the flayer controlled i sent him into battle first. I only did this because it seemed that if you let the flayer to close to your party that they did damage even though "controlled". Hope this helps.

Old 02-08-2001, 10:12 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I used, after asking the same question on this forum, animate dead x 3 b/c skeletons are not affected by 'mind' spells and chaotic commands x 3, cast on my fighters (me,minsc,mazzy). I then leave my mages/clerics back to beat on the umberhulk with ranged weapons/spells and let the fighters and skeletons hack the mindflayers. It worked great!
Old 02-08-2001, 10:30 AM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

You can also shoot a Cloudkill into the room to weaken them up before entering -- just close the door before they all come running to attack you (It's a cheap shot, but it works). One Couldkill will usually take out several Umberhulks.
Old 02-08-2001, 10:37 AM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I did the same thing Father Bronze did. Send a Magic user up to the door and use a wand of cloudkill quickly. Close the door. That'll wipe out the Umber Hulks and injure the flayers.

I then headed back and buffed up my Inquisitor (with Carsomyr equipped). Gave him haste, Prot. from Evil, Holy Might, Bless, Chant, Shield, etc. Then feed him one or two Potions of genius. That gives him some pad if he gets hit in melee by a flayer. Then let 'em rip. He should be able to take many of the flayers out with one or two hits.

Chaotic Commands is a Cleric spell that will protect you from their Psionic Blast. However, they can still whack you in melee for -4 to your INT. If that gets to 0, your dead. Lilacor in conjunction with a Potion of Freedom will also turn your tank into a pretty unstoppable machine.