Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

First post!
EDIT: Weee, I haven't gotten that in a while. Good evening, all. I am helping Galadria clear out our spare bedroom, pending guest arrival.

[ 09-05-2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 09-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Wow, you must feel spushal getting first post . I know I do! [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

I'm currently replaying NWN's OC and getting bored/annoyed with it and wondering what other good mods are out there. I must admit, I got so bored with it, I designed some of my own weapons and powered through. [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Third post... can't quite make it in time, I guess.

Well, labor day is over... tried a new grill recipe for dinner (cajun-style flank steak, in memory of one of my favorite kinds of cooking). Turned out acceptible... not as good as I might have liked, but not as bad as it could have been. And there's some leftovers for a cajun steak sandwich in the next day or so... mmmmmm!

Getting ready for this week's activities... one customer meeting around here tomorrow, then Wednesday in Seattle and the next two days in Walla Walla, Washington. At least I'll be able to say I've been there

Finished up a Dungeon Lords game last night, and I think I'm going to open up a Might & Magic game. I really enjoy the early part of most CRPGs, before you get to the god-like stage. Maybe I'll crack BG back open again, but it's been a while.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:10 AM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Wow, you must feel spushal getting first post . I know I do! [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

I'm currently replaying NWN's OC and getting bored/annoyed with it and wondering what other good mods are out there. I must admit, I got so bored with it, I designed some of my own weapons and powered through. [img]graemlins/littleangel.gif[/img]
Been on EfU?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

We've been doing household chores around my place all weekend. We did manage to get out for lunch one day but it took forever to be served and we had to move from the outdoor seating area as they let people stand right near it and smoke upwind of us... ugh.. by the time we got served we'd been there nearly an hour so it wasn't a total loss but not nearly as relaxing as we'd hoped when we decided to eat there!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #8
Zink Whistlefly

Well I've just finished writing a short profile about myself on Friends Reunited. It was when I'd finished it, sat back and read it that I realised just how boring I am, and how boring my life has been!

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go and book a sky-diving weekend or something equally extreme!

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

Give Pirates of the Sword Coast a try! Costs a pittance and lasted around 12 hours of play for me!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:53 PM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Well, I've not tried EfU in a while - I may give that a go soon. As for Pirates of the Sword Coast, I've been deciding if I want to spend the money on it or not... I'd like to get it, but it means using a credit card - and my dad won't let me use his until the dollar drops against the pound some more. *sigh* Oh well.

(Yeah, I'm 20, but I still don't have a credit card... go figure? -_-)
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:02 PM   #10
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Can't you use a debit card?
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote