Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 05:14 AM   #1
Marcos The Black
Dungeon Master

Hi,

Just catched it from the PostOffice on my way to the university

can´t wait to get home to install it!!!

only one question.
I had a strange problem with the demo. Sometimes in battles there wasn´t any ongoing in the time battle. The monsters and my party stood still (the seekers croaking) and nothing happened.

So i wanted to ask wether this is a general problem or only a problem in the demo???

So i believe that i´ll come back soon when i´m stuck

hope the community is so cool as in the W&W forum
Marcos The Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:26 AM   #2
Makison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know what happened in your demo game ( I didn't play the demo) but what you described has never happened to me and I haven't heard anyone speak of a similar thing happening to them. Perhaps you forgot to hit the button to make combat begin??
Anyway, enjoy the game!
Makison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:31 AM   #3
Marcos The Black
Dungeon Master

I´m not so dull to forget to hit the start button [img]smile.gif[/img]
No this usally happened after~ 6 fights suddenly, sometimes it helped to load the start savegame of the demo to reset, but in the end nothing helped.

is it possible to import the demo savegame to the original game? I became so familiar with these dudes,
Marcos The Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:41 AM   #4
Makison
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't think you can import your demo save....but I'm not entirely sure about that...But, creating characters in this game is alot of fun . Choosing their personality really fleshes out a character.
Makison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 10:11 AM   #5
Virgil
Dungeon Master

Makison, what's happening is that monsters or other creatures that aren't involved in the combat are moving. This often happens when you get in a fight in a town, like Arnika or Trynton. The guards or other folks move around, but aren't listed or visible. This can make simple fights really drag on. If this is happening in the wilderness, expect a new bunch of monsters to show up soon.

Last night, I attacked two greater seekers in the middle of the Umpani base camp. I could have killed them in about two minutes, but instead the fight dragged on for 15 minutes as every single Umpani had to move and attack. It got a little frustrating, but eventually the fight ended.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote