Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-12-2015, 06:01 AM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Pillars of Eternity

Pillars of Eternity-Anyone bought this? I just got it off Amazon, its downloading now so haven't played yet. Just wondering if I blew $45 lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_i=typ01
Old 04-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Pillars of Eternity

Reviews have been good so far, and they say if you liked Baldur's Gate, you'll like this one too.

I'm most probably going to get it, but I'll wait a bit, since I've got a gaming backlog anyway, and maybe the price will drop a bit too.

Let us know what you think of it.

Also, if anyone doesn't like steam, there is a DRM-free version available on GOG too.
http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_e...y_hero_edition
Old 04-13-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm not far into it at all but it is pretty much like the games we played back in the day that we loved. Yet at the same time its different. I really have no idea how my party will turn out to be because so far things change fast. I'm a mighty level 3 Wizard, don't mess with me!
Anyway I like it, it's a great buy if you liked BG/IWD/PS. Theres even profanity! I haven't played it a lot but so far two thumbs up. I would have to say if you have not played Infinity Engine games it might be harder to figure out at first.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Still playing it and liking it. I split playing time with Civ 5 so I haven't been playing it full time. My character is level 5, some in my party are lower. You can "purchase" a party member at the Inn. It's worth paying extra to get a class you need at the higher level. I went with a level 1 rogue/thief/whatever. I should have spent more for level 2. It's hell catching up but getting there.

A nice thing (and a money pit lol) is you get a stronghold pretty early in the game. Eventually you can get resting bonuses to your party there along with merchants etc. I got the merchant and have been working on the defensive aspect also. I'm thinking my stronghold can be attacked since it has choices on what to upgrade to the stronghold.

I'm liking the game and recomend it to my fellow Ironworkers.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Animated Star Re: Pillars of Eternity

Thanks for your giving us your player experience; much appreciated. I have heard that experience comes via quest completion by characters and not killing monsters, etc. How does this feel to you?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:45 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yea the quest exp is the main source of exp so while you do get it from battles it's not like you get from turning in a quest.