Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 01:23 AM   #1
thefox

Man this game is full of bugs.... not only is my aku, and scabban quest stuffed... so is another one due to pure bad luck. I went out to map the lands, came ashore just as i was going to map the area, i was ambushed by some sabre toothed things.. so i flame striked them... also some centaurs came around the corner, and started to attack me... so i totasted them.... not thinking they were important since i was attacked.

Upon entering town again.. i decided i would start some quests off... and to my horror... the first quest to pop up was find a helmet from a leader of centaurs... which incidentally died, and i quickly returned to the spot, but there is no trace of this helmet now.. and my save game is too far back. (i know i should have checked on quests first.. just wanted to map the area first...)

Man i hate this game when it does this.... I have played many crpg games, and quest items just are not supposed to vanish, Sheesh even Dark Stone, limited as it was.. at least quest items never evaporated like this.. think they should work on a patch to stop quest items vanishing like that.

Creatures popping up at the most inappropriate moments.... arghhhhhh.... spose my game is buggered now.. fed up with silly things happening in this game....

argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 11-19-2000, 05:08 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Read the post about the patch that is coming.

Disappearing items is one of the things they will be trying to fix.

Wyv

Any chance that you might have picked up the helmet? perhaps sold it to a shop? Maybe it wasn't even the right group of Centaurs?
Old 11-19-2000, 09:31 PM   #3
thefox

Hi Wyv,

Nah... definately stuffed my game.. i definately remember the name argotheous dropping dead, but never thought about it.. my stupid fault for going sniffing around the map, instead of asking first. So ive gone back 2 days, hey... didnt want to do it.. but hell... i need my clan quests to upp my stats... ive already missed 2 wizard quests on 1 character, spose not all is lost, the main character who got the quest itself was rewarded, just when i enquire about the quest, instead of them saying "there is no need to look for said item" they just keep asking me to go look for "scabban" and also the aku quest is jammed on another character. damn buggy game.. might re-play this game at a later date when everything has been patched up and repaired.

Old 11-19-2000, 09:40 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WEll playing through again should go faster. Glad you had some saved game to restore!! I usually have 4 saved games going. One for the town, another for starting a new area, another for in the dungeon, and another for those time when I think I might need it. Saves me a lot of grief.
I'm playing my second game and it goes LOTS faster. I haven't experienced many bugs so it's still a lot of fun.

I wish they had offered more quests. It shouldn't have been that hard to generate more get this and take that there quests. It was such a bore when I had to have several players all take the clan invitation thing to the stouts. ah well!

Wyv
Old 11-20-2000, 12:30 AM   #5
thefox

yeah.... hey maybe heuristic should bring out an add-on... a bit like darkstone did (if you ever played that)... where you can have more quests... they definately need more quests than they dish out currently.... you just dont seem to be going up high enough by the time youve nearly finished the game..... im currently upto doing skull keep? i think.... and my characters are only 14th level.. and i only have level 7 spells... If memory served me right.. when i played some old D&D games like eye of the beholder.... i was level 21 or so.. with level 21 spells and my party was kick ass... they dont seem to be conforming to the old rules of yesteryear... oh how i do miss an old roll type based D&D... W&W is good.. dont get me wrong... but not quite upto that status in my opinion anyways? whats you thoughts on that??? What i do miss is actual food & water.... never did like a RPG where your party was immortal to food

Old 11-20-2000, 08:17 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I like Darkstone!!! Haven't won it yet, but have played it quite a bit (but not in a long time). I didn't know that they put and add on - do you get that online?? Will have to go look and also tell a friend of mine as well!

It would have been a better game choice to let players increase more rapidly and balance that with appropriate monsters. Players love great level increases! Can't even count the number of posts there have been about people loading and reloading to try and get a better level increase. It's rather like the darkness factor. You know all the players are going to reset the gamma so why not start the game out at the max gamma level and let them adjust even more. The dark is just too dark!
Players want good level increases - just give it to them!!
Wyv
Old 11-20-2000, 08:24 AM   #7
thefox

Hi Wyv,

Yups.. its online at their web page.. plus links to other sites where peoples have written their own quests for dload.. (they brought out an editor about 6 months ago) havent visited there in about 4-5 months though cause i lost my Darkstone during a re-format.. and havent bothered installing it again as yet... i have played Darkstone 2 times all the way through... and half way with a mate.. he played the Warrior, i played the Mage.... hehe i remember opening a portal.... to town.. and for some reason he couldnt find it.... and he had to trek all the way back through the dungeons... After that.. he bought lots of portal spells from the shop... just incase.. (I toldf him not to pick Warrior) more fun teleporting aroun the place... BTW just got my new moon spell Teleport.... still gotta try it out yet.... cant seem to do it yet.. says the "spell fizzles out" any ideas?

Old 11-20-2000, 08:29 AM   #8
Regis
Welcomed New User

1) There are certain areas that damp out spells...this was mentioned in the manual and probably included to prevent people just popping out of dungeons at the first sign of trouble.

2) There are certain areas that damp out specific spells...ever tried firestorm in the water?

3) There are certain conditions, such as being boogred, which increase the odds of spell failure...I was running 1 for 3 in the Boogre Caves, which can be lethal when trying to blow Lily Plants away/heal up or just a PITA when casting things like Spirit Eye.
Old 11-20-2000, 08:30 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have the companion spell "CREATE PORTAL"???

It's a two parter spell. I generally use it to do a quick trip back to town. Have Laurel cast create portal. Have Manfred cast Call of Home and after we finish in the town Teleport to get back to Laurel's portal. Very nice!

There also appears to be some areas where you cannot use these spells. That also might be why they are fizzling.

Wyv
Old 11-20-2000, 09:13 AM   #10
thefox

hmmmm well im over at the boogre mines again trying to get this damned quest cleared.... and i got so peeved having to trek all the way in.. navigate through that damned zapping area.. it would be nice to either teleport out of there, or call home.. which both fizzle? annoying.... in Darkstone... it was great to just teleport to town and drop off the gear sell it... then walk back in....

Dont know why my priest can't cast those 2 spells? weird... shes level 17? where is this companion spell the 2-parter.. does this come later on... i would say im pretty close to finishing this game (if i decide to quit this time consuming passion to rid my journal of un-finished quests?) hehehe