Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

This is definately fun cuz you get to choose all your characters, but it also creates a great deal of problems. I haven't been able to do any of the NPC quests because the guy you kick out "has nothing to say to you" and won't join back up when you come back. Also if your guys get petrified, after you stone to flesh em, the ever annoying "has nothing to say to you" pops up and its back to the save files. It has even taken me to a screen for dialogue with Mazzy when trying to get my guys to rejoin. Anyone else figure out how to get guys to rejoin?
Old 11-23-2001, 08:20 AM   #2
Whailor

No, I haven't done solo "multiplay" thingie, neither the pure solo game. Yeah I could it but where's the fun here? One of the biggest and main source for fun are the NPC who join up, result in quests, bicker amongst themselves and so on. Going solo or "multiplay" solo simply cuts the fun in half, if not even more.

I did try it for a moment, since I thought it would be cool to have all chars made by me and so on, but dang, I restarted that game rather soon. Booooooring. Did totally solo, but bleh, so much gets missed as well. Booooooring. So nah.. I right now play with a party, and try to do as many quests as possible, including the quests of different NPC's. Basically I take them in, keep them in till their quest is over and then replace with some other NPC, who has or may have his/her/it's own quest. More fun and action in any way.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:12 AM   #3
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, if I had to do it all over again, I would only make a group of 5 as there are really a lot of quests you can't do. As far as boring goes, if I never hear the inane chatter of Amoen and Minsc ever again, I can die a happy man. Not to mention their crap stats. I have an entire party of 3 charisma, but at least I can stack them where they need it.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:37 AM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Playing multi or solo by yourself doesn't cut out that many quests. Each NPC has only small quests to individually complete. (With the exception of two, I believe). Other than that, you can still do the majority of the game and quests. After you've beat the game multiple times, you get tired of the same bickering. Adjust the party and you still get more bickering and the same comments.

I've beat the game with NPC's and extremely easily with a multi party of my own. I'm soloing now for the challenge. Maybe I'll try running through with a multi party of my own, but not allow any stats above 15.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:10 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The point of having a multiplayer party is to enable to either roleplay some famous group, or create a 'God' party.

I roleplayed Robin Hood and his Merry Men( and Woman) using multiplayer to create them( then transfer to singleplayer).

It was a lot of fun, I restricted them to wearing only at most Chainmail type of armour, no Helmets only Ioun Stones and gave them proficiencies in the weapon types they usually use. I even made a thread in here to gather opinions on what they should like. I completed SoA + ToB with them.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:34 PM   #6
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

I made up an entire multiplayer party, but it is in BG I. It does unbalance the game a little, especially at the beginning. I am playing the party through now. I mainly did it because I wanted to get a variety of character classes through BG I and I didn't feel like playing them all through individually (I like BG I, but I don't feel like playing it through 6 times in succession), but I wanted different characters to import into BG II. The NPC interactions didn't seem as interesting in BG I as in BG II, so I didn't think I was losing all that much playing solo multiplayer. In BG II and TOB, I would want to leave at least 3 or 4 slots free for NPC's.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:49 AM   #7
Hesperex

As you say yourself it is fun in that you can customize your entire party, however there are problems and to be absoloutly honest I would rather picksay 2 of my own characters and just use npc to fill the other 4 slots, that way you get to do npc missions and have a customized second character...that u know wont ever leave [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2001, 05:02 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
Playing multi or solo by yourself doesn't cut out that many quests. Each NPC has only small quests to individually complete. (With the exception of two, I believe). .

Possible Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I Take it that yo are refering to the Mage Stronghold Needing Valygar, and the entire game revolving around IMoen??
Old 11-26-2001, 03:47 PM   #9
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

there are several areas that I haven't done this time around that I am not allowed in. Book of Kazar, the planar shpere, a couple more fed ex quests associated with certain NPC's. I am pretty sure there is some cool stuff in the planar sphere, too that I can't get to with my full group. Ah well, live and learn.